Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #121
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
AND I GOT JELLY BEAN YAY. thanks, jessica karma for you
And... Thoughts?
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #122
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
And... Thoughts?
it's really nice very smooth

something just annoys me. i downloaded kindle for android and sent some readlists to my (apparently) new kindle email, and it hasn't arrived yet.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #123
rgc2005
rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Red face

Quote:
Power on and off the Kindle. Think it wants it to reboot.
Mine keeps hanging at waiting for device....
I am using win XP.
Noticed that my Kindle no longer shows up as a drive. It is now listed as a Android Phone and I do not have access to the device via USB?
Any idea of what I may have done wrong?

UPDATE #1: I went into device manager, clicked properties on the Android USB device and let my system update the driver. That solved the "Waiting on Device" issue. TWRP and FastFire installed just fine.

UPDATE #2: My KF seems to be getting stuck in reboot after wiping the caches?

Last edited by rgc2005; 07-16-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: UPDATING
rgc2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #124
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgc2005 View Post
Mine keeps hanging at waiting for device....
I am using win XP.
Noticed that my Kindle no longer shows up as a drive. It is now listed as a Android Phone and I do not have access to the device via USB?
Any idea of what I may have done wrong?

UPDATE #1: I went into device manager, clicked properties on the Android USB device and let my system update the driver. That solved the "Waiting on Device" issue. TWRP and FastFire installed just fine.

UPDATE #2: My KF seems to be getting stuck in reboot after wiping the caches?
You might be stuck in fastboot as I mentioned above. You want to find a menu in the KFU that looks like this: http://random.kennocha.com/kindle/sc.../kf_util_2.png And select Normal.

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 07-16-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #125
rgc2005
rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rgc2005 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
You might be stuck in fastboot as I mentioned above. You want to find a menu in the KFU that looks like this: http://random.kennocha.com/kindle/sc.../kf_util_2.png And select Normal.
I got in just fine but wifi was not working. I attempted to restore my KF back to the factory settings and all I get now the the white and orange "kindle fire".
The device shows up in the device manager and the KFU shows unknown status.
Some threads at xda and lilitputing suggest using the CMD prompts but I am not familiar with command lines.
Is there a way to do a hard restore?
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #126
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgc2005 View Post
I got in just fine but wifi was not working. I attempted to restore my KF back to the factory settings and all I get now the the white and orange "kindle fire".
The device shows up in the device manager and the KFU shows unknown status.
Some threads at xda and lilitputing suggest using the CMD prompts but I am not familiar with command lines.
Is there a way to do a hard restore?
Tell us exactly what device manager list the device as:
"Android ADB Interface"
or
"Android Composite ADB Interface"

Or something else?

EDIT: Here's a post I found that details exactly what I was going to tell you try next:

Open Device Manager
Open the "Android Phone" entry
Right click whatever's under Android Phone ("Android ADB Interface", or "Android Composite Interface")
Go to Update Driver Software
"Browse My Computer for Driver Software" ... "Let me pick from a list of ..."
Turn off "Show Compatible Hardware" checkbox
If you right clicked "Android Composite Interface" above, try installing the driver for "Android ADB Interface". Or vice versa. This seemed to do the trick for me.

Last edited by ApK; 07-16-2012 at 01:06 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #127
rgc2005

That did it. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #128
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
According to this: http://www.androidauthority.com/goog...tralia-101742/

All pre-ordered 8GB nexus 7's have been shipped, but the "accessorized" versions (such as the 16GB model that I ordered) will not start shipping until July 19.

(cross-posted because relevant to discussion in both threads)
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #129
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Shipping charges??? What's with that? and how much is Google charging?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #130
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Shipping charges??? What's with that? and how much is Google charging?
$13.99 shipping plus $19.18 sales tax.

UPS shows that they received it at 3:AM this morning in Lousiville KY, and it was "out for delivery" in my hometown by 9:AM (six hours "out for delivery" but not delivered yet).

EDIT: Got it. My first android tablet (but I have setup android for non-geek friends though). The interface for JB is much smoother than ICS was on other devices.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-19-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #131
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
$13.99 shipping...
That's lame! ...but it closes the price gap between the two models to $36:
  • 8GB -- $213 (online purchase)
  • 16GB -- $249 (instore purchase)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #132
geekmaster

After rooting my Nexus 7, I installed the free StickMount app from google play. It mounts USB sticks plugged into the USB port quite fine, thank you.

I am using one of these $0.98USD (including shipping) USB Host Mode cables:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320941691701

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-24-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #133
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
After rooting my Nexus 7, I installed the free StickMount app from google play. I mounts USB sticks plugged into the USB port quite fine, thank you.

Yep, I have a USB stick strapped onto my KF. Feels nice having 16GB of space now.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #134
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
After rooting my Nexus 7, I installed the free StickMount app from google play. I mounts USB sticks plugged into the USB port quite fine, thank you.

oooh o___o
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #135
JKatz88
JKatz88 began at the beginning.

Device: Ideapad A1
All the nexus needs is Senseg's E-Sense Technology. Too bad it does not come out for another year or two...

Sorry to get off topic but I just read about it ...
JKatz88 is offline   Reply With Quote