Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
tinder_box
tinder_box began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Problems with Kindle book sample and preview file. Ideas?

Hi all-

I recently published my third title on KDP. It was built using the same process that was successful with my first two books, and looked fine on the online previewer and the Kindle for PC emulator.

After I published it, however, I double checked the online "Look Inside" sample and downloaded the preview file. Both were straight HTML - not formatted for kindle at all. I've double checked the file I uploaded, but it looks fine to me. I am stumped, and need this fixed as soon as possible, since it would definitely deter customers from purchasing the book if they think they're just buying a jumble of code.

I also have a thread posted on the KDP community forums, but have been more impressed with the trouble shooting here.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any ideas for what I should try to resolve it?

Thanks so much!
tinder_box is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.mobi, book sample, kindle, preview, troubleshooting