Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 12-30-2022, 04:22 PM   #1
MaxReader
MaxReader began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Title name of deleted books in Calibre home page

Hi , I installed Calibre Server into a VPS and everything seems to work fine except that on the home page after logging in you can see the titles of the deleted books and clicking on the text this error appears

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-12-30 22 07 31.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	198691
MaxReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 05:31 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That's the problem. Don't use a VPS.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2022, 10:20 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you using a user account with the calibre server? What version of calibre is this?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 03:58 AM   #4
MaxReader

I installed calibre server onto a Oracle Cloud VPS (VM.Standard.E2.1.Micro shape AMD) with Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS.
I followed this guide for setup process.
I enable https traffic by Apache2 server with Let's Encrypt SSL certificate.
The calibre-server in /opt/calibre/bin folder has this data:

calibre-server: ELF 64-bit LSB pie executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, BuildID[sha1]=57d3ea3a6b36cb60362adfa135be0902776b3659, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, stripped
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14472 Dec 16 02:38 calibre-server

I'm using user authentication to access to calibre web domain.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2022, 10:11 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you use user accounts, the recently shown books are not taken from the local cache, so that you can easily continue reading across devices. However, this means that if the book is deleted, you will get an error when trying to read it. This is normal, though I can possibly make the error message a bit clearer.

As you read other books the deleted books will automatically move off the list.
Advert
Old 12-31-2022, 10:17 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

And this will hide the entries when loading the cover fails https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...91bf978acd4ec1
Old 01-01-2023, 07:30 AM   #7
MaxReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
And this will hide the entries when loading the cover fails https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...91bf978acd4ec1
I'm newby in linux world. So please let me know how I can upgrade my setup with your change.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2023, 09:12 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

wait for the next release.
Old 01-06-2023, 09:21 AM   #9
MaxReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
wait for the next release.
Thanks, I updated to 6.11 and the issue has been solved.