Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-07-2022, 02:25 AM   #511
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Help please.
By default in Gesture Manager, the frontlight warmth/brightness values for swipe are 0.
In this case, the change in frontlight depends on the length of swipe, and can be from ~1 to 50%.
However, if you change the value to a fixed larger one, then you can no longer return to 0. It's not comfortable.
Is it possible to make the minimum value 0, not 1? After all, it works on PocketBook...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0001.png
Views:	123
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	198243   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0002.png
Views:	112
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	198244   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0003.png
Views:	110
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	198245  

Last edited by kaznelson; 12-07-2022 at 02:41 AM.
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 02:47 AM   #512
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
It's by design. 1 is the step of increasing. If you set it to 0, the parameter will not be increased.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2022, 03:01 AM   #513
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will be. If 0, then frontlight change = swipe length.
It's like that on PocketBook.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:06 AM   #514
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, when the step is not set it uses the min step which is just 1.
(Showing the step of 0 was a bug fixed in the recent release).
Old 12-08-2022, 06:43 AM   #515
kaznelson
Old Kaz

hius07
By default in Gesture Manager, the frontlight warmth/brightness values for one-finger swipe are still 0.

Build: koreader-pocketbook-v2022.11-18-ge026598f_2022-12-07

Back...
Advert
Old 12-08-2022, 01:41 PM   #516
hius07
Wizard

Thank you. It should be fixed in
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...n/defaults.lua
Old 12-24-2022, 04:37 AM   #517
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Maybe this is of some usage for developers. (biggest thank you for this greatest app ever)

KOReader 2022.10 "Muhara" is the first ever version of this great software that have not ever crashed on me. Not even once, all previous versions crashed randomly allmost every day, at various all different occasions (during reading, during margin cropping, during library listing, during settings adjusting.).

My device is Inkpad 3, firmware 6.5.2922. It seams that this is latest and most stable version.

Last edited by VladimirS; 12-24-2022 at 04:39 AM.
VladimirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 11:57 PM   #518
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Now Koreader shows colors on my Inkpad Color.
ps67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 03:13 PM   #519
EricTyson
EricTyson began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook era
Era PB700 works nicely

When I was searching this thread I did not find this info, so let me add it (forgive me if I was simply not good at searching )

Koreader works nicely on the Pocketbook Era. To be honest, I am not sure whether I'll keep my PB, but I certainly will keep Koreader. So many thumbs ups to the dev's!!

The facts:
- Era aka PB700 running software version U700.6.7.1555
- Koreader Koreader 2023.01 "Winter Ivy"

Cheers
EricTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 03:44 PM   #520
EricTyson

After playing a bit more around I get the feel there is an issue with the Wifi. Everytime I tap any operation involving an internet connection the device takes a long pause and then prompts the
Quote:
do you want to turn on Wi-Fi
window. Though I already have it turned on and also taping "turn on" does not lead to any change :/
Old 02-18-2023, 07:12 PM   #521
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTyson View Post
After playing a bit more around I get the feel there is an issue with the Wifi. Everytime I tap any operation involving an internet connection the device takes a long pause and then prompts the

window. Though I already have it turned on and also taping "turn on" does not lead to any change :/
If Wi-Fi is on and active (not suspended) before opening any book with KOReader you should not have any problem. Once the book is open you can control the Wi-Fi from KOReader, and activate or deactivate it as many times as you want as long as you don't leave KOReader.

If before opening KOReader the Wi-Fi is turned off, or turned on but not active (remember that it is automatically suspended after 90 seconds of inactivity) then the problems you describe will appear.
cellaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 02:46 AM   #522
EricTyson

That does work, indeed! Thanks.

On a different topic: is there a way to make book covers in Lock Screen work when reading in koreader on pocketbook?
Old 02-19-2023, 05:43 AM   #523
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTyson View Post
That does work, indeed! Thanks.

On a different topic: is there a way to make book covers in Lock Screen work when reading in koreader on pocketbook?
It is only possible to view the book cover when the device is switched off, but not in sleep mode.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Coverimage
Old 02-19-2023, 06:26 AM   #524
cellaris
Addict

By the way, in the latest nightly version they have added the option to change the location of the .sdr folder, which is especially useful for those of us who use Dropbox PocketBook and have several PocketBook devices (as this folder was also synchronised and altered the configuration of devices with different sizes, as well as unnecessarily reloading the PocketBook Library). Now we no longer have to manually modify the docsettings.lua file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KOReader_Docsettings.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	199811  
Old 02-19-2023, 06:43 AM   #525
EricTyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
It is only possible to view the book cover when the device is switched off, but not in sleep mode.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Coverimage

Sorry for my imprecision. I was actually referring to power off mode. I’ve set the logo option in the PB settings to last opened books cover. Though when shutting down I still get the default logo. (Same for booting). Is there some setting I am missing in koreader itself?

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook