Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Question reguarding ebw1150 and reb1200

Here is my question,

I currently have one of both, in good working order, that I am going to be selling.

What do you think they would be worth? and do you think there is still a demand / interst in them?

Thank you very much.

ps - I enjoyed both of them very much, the 1150 was my first reader the 1200 my second. I passed them down to my wife who doesnt use them much do to other interests.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I have two of each, but i couldn't part with them just yet (even though, i have to admit, i haven't used either for about a year!) They were my first love...

All in all, i think the REB1200 would be worth TWICE the price of the EBW1150. The EBW1150 is worth sub $75, IMHO.

I hope they find a good home..
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
Here is my question,

I currently have one of both, in good working order, that I am going to be selling.

What do you think they would be worth? and do you think there is still a demand / interst in them?

Thank you very much.

ps - I enjoyed both of them very much, the 1150 was my first reader the 1200 my second. I passed them down to my wife who doesnt use them much do to other interests.
Both devices use the same reading software, right?

That's not bad software at all.

Instant ebook switching doesn't even work on the most modern ereader devices.

Comparative reading of several different ebooks with instantaneous switching was(is) just so cool. You can't get it anymore. Shame.

If I were to a ask Kobo, Sony, Amazon dev etc. to implement such flexibility in one of their NEW devices(running GHz processors) they'd just shake their empty little heads and say: BUT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
My wife is still using her 1150, and I keep mine charged and loaded with books just in case. I recently switched to a Kobo touch, but the software on the 1150 is FAR better. Just wish someone could cram a more modern screen on one of the little buggers.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Old reader new screen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
My wife is still using her 1150, and I keep mine charged and loaded with books just in case. I recently switched to a Kobo touch, but the software on the 1150 is FAR better. Just wish someone could cram a more modern screen on one of the little buggers.
Finally someone who understands!

My Gemstar(i.e. 1150) is soooo old, but it does that book swithching fast! It can search and you can use it in low light conditions.

A few years ago I was fantasising about exchanging the screen for one with the same res as the 1200(they seem to run the same sw). Aint that tech savy tho.

Now it's got a blue blot, about the size of a squashed mosquito. Not really a prob, but sometimes I can't tell(from the context) what it says under the blot. Isn't just so cool that I can just flip the screen!

How about you, do you miss the searching function when using the Kobo?
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
I do miss the searching. They say it will eventually be added to the KT's firmware, but I'm not holding my breath. Seriously... cram an eink screen onto the 1150 and you've got a winning reader! Heck even a higher res LCD screen might help.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote