Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 04-22-2003, 10:26 AM   #76
captainao
Enthusiast
captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Axim x51v;T|X;NX73;SEK750
General comment - since I imagine we're all using the latest beta, perhaps we should start a new scheduling thread, rather than continuing to post here - or Alexander can move the appropriate messages to a new thread (not that I'm trying to give him more work <g>)
Old 04-23-2003, 07:15 PM   #77
iSilo
Developer
iSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally posted by radleyp
I would like to second an earlier request that the iSilo scheduler allow for running the converter the moment the computer is turned on. Is this difficult to do? Radleyp
This will be taken under consideration for a future version. The existing scheduling options are frozen for this version's release.

Quote:
Originally posted by sUnShInE
Ok, I did my morning experiment. I let the scheduled download go on in the background.

And it didn't happen.

I'm using Windows ME. Let me know what other info will be helpful to you.
There is a preliminary new update to the beta that changes the way iSiloX schedules itself with the Windows Task Scheduler. I have been unable to determine why Windows Task Scheduler seems to sometimes miss running a scheduled task that is scheduled once even though the computer is on. So in this preliminary new update to the beta, iSiloX sets up a schedule that is set to run every minute from the next scheduled conversion time. This way, if the scheduled time was missed by Windows Task Scheduler for whatever reason, even if the computer was off, the Windows Task Scheduler will still run the task at the next available minute.

Please give it a try if you can and report if you still seem to encounter the missed scheduled conversions. The download URL is:

<http://www.iSiloX.com/info/beta/dl/i...35b3bSetup.exe>

Quote:
Originally posted by captainao
iSilo - I am experiencing the same thing as sUnShInE; while my scheduled tasks seem to be running fine, about 20-30 seconds after I open up iSiloX it will pop-up the scheduled task run box - even if it has just run, and it is nowhere near a scheduled activity. This happens only if the .ixl that is opened originally contains scheduled tasks.
Also, if I open with an .ixl with scheduled tasks, then switch to a new .ixl, it will still put up the box, but the task won't actually run.
Hope this helps.
The only reason why this might happen is if the scheduled task was still running. At the end of the scheduled task, iSiloX updates the last conversion times of the .ixl file and saves it. If you open up iSiloX with that .ixl file before the save completes, then the last conversion times in the .ixl file will be the old ones and iSiloX will think that the conversions did not happen, and thus popup the box.
Advert
Old 04-23-2003, 08:29 PM   #78
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Thanks Darren. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:46 AM   #79
katlenski
katlenski began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie NX70v
Well, I guess it was inevitable, but I'm finally getting the pop-up message reminding me that the beta version ceases to work on May 15, 2003. That's fine - I already knew that - but the problem is that I have my files scheduled for conversion in the middle of the night, and the conversion won't start until I press the Okay button on this new warning/message. Therefore, when I turned on my computer this morning, waiting to import all my new converted files, I had to click Okay then wait another 20 minutes or so while the conversion took place. Aargh.

Any ideas for a workaround?
Old 04-24-2003, 11:18 AM   #80
iSilo
Developer
iSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it is

The beta expiration message only displays the first two times you start iSiloX. After that, it no longer displays.
Advert
Old 04-24-2003, 11:34 AM   #81
katlenski
katlenski began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie NX70v
Lightbulb

Ah! That explains it. I just upgraded to a new computer yesterday. Okay, that's cool. Thank you so much!
Old 04-26-2003, 11:17 AM   #82
captainao
Enthusiast
captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Axim x51v;T|X;NX73;SEK750
iSilo, there are no scheduled tasks running when the scheduled task box pops up - it consistently launches 20-30 seconds after I open the .ixl that contains a scheduled item. I have only 1 item scheduled (every hour at :05) and it just launched when I opened the file, despite having run 10 min. ago