Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 01:57 PM   #31
FrustratedReader
Zealot
FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, PW3, Simple Touch, Readme 2282, Sony PRS350, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Absolutely NOT the case. In fact, absolutely impossible.
Eh?
I used to have to power off or reset, or layout would be crazy or unchanged after updating by deleting & re-adding a book with CSS changed in Calibre. Now I don't have the problem.
The problem definitely existed. I don't know if changes to Calibre or the 4.8 FW update fixed it.

I'm not sure which aspect is impossible?
FrustratedReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:52 PM   #32
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
The issue of CSS not updated on book removal and replace has gone. No need to reset/power off. Perhaps that was a driver setting in Calibre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
Eh?
I used to have to power off or reset, or layout would be crazy or unchanged after updating by deleting & re-adding a book with CSS changed in Calibre. Now I don't have the problem.
The problem definitely existed. I don't know if changes to Calibre or the 4.8 FW update fixed it.

I'm not sure which aspect is impossible?
I requoted what I was responding to. You are suggesting that a change in the KoboTouch driver setting is why you had to restart the device to get updated CSS. My response was that statement. I will state it again, maybe more clearly:

There is absolutely no way that the a change in the KoboTouch driver configuration would affect how the device handles the CSS.

I will also state, that there is nothing in the driver or calibre that would affect how the Kobo devices handle the CSS. The books are put onto the device for the device to handle. The device opens the books reads the text and CSS and uses/displays them. And as I have stated at least once in this thread, I have never seen the issue you are talking about. And to verify, I have just tried it: Opened an epub on the device and then connected to calibre. Found the epub in my calibre library and edit it. Add a class for "p" and set the text-indent to 24px. Found another class used by paragraphs and set the text-indent to 48px. Then sent the book to the device. Reponed the book on the device and the paragraphs now had indents. With some twice what the others were. So connected the device again, changed the styles so that the text-indents were 64px and 12px respectively. Sent the book again, opened it and, guess what, the new CSS was being used.

This has always been my experience. I fiddle with my books far to often to not have seen something like this happen. I do of course occasionally look at the book on the device and the changes I planned are not there. But, they have ALWAYS been because I made a mistake in the code or simply forgot to press the save button before sending the book.

And all this is why I have asked several times for you to post examples of what you are doing or at least screenshots/photos. Something is different for you and I have no idea what it is. You have described what you are doing but if I can't reproduce this, then one of us is doing something differently. You posting the code you are using will put us at the same starting point. And the chances of someone else being able to reproduce the problem will be increased. And then the chances of it being fixed will go up dramatically.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert