Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2018, 10:35 AM   #886
juegos
Connoisseur
juegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
The Sony reps have already stated they are fixing some of the navigation issues. Sorry that it didn't come fast enough for you. Your negativity is astounding. Give yours back already and save us the same old tired dialog a million times over.
Now we're almost 1 year later, and still no fix, and 0 updates. Little naive on Sony?
juegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:44 AM   #887
doandongnguyen
doandongnguyen began at the beginning.

Device: Dpt-rp1
How to buy Sony DPT RP1 in EU

Hey all, I would like to buy Sony DPT RP1 in EU but it seems to be impossible. Though on ebay there are some guys sell it but I is quite expensive and there are some reasons Paypal just allows me to spend a little amount of money.

Any suggestion?
doandongnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2018, 04:13 AM   #888
Sterk
Sterk began at the beginning.

Device: DPT RP1, IREX DR 1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by doandongnguyen View Post
Hey all, I would like to buy Sony DPT RP1 in EU but it seems to be impossible. Though on ebay there are some guys sell it but I is quite expensive and there are some reasons Paypal just allows me to spend a little amount of money.

Any suggestion?
Hi, it is now get sold through Amazon.co.uk. Obviously, as UK is still an EU member you can buy it without import fees.

It's not cheap but you have the European warranty.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-DPT-RP...1&keywords=dpt

Not sure if you can buy from somewhere else within EU. I bought mine when I visited Japan 6 months ago and I'm satisfied with it. If they improve the software to contemporary standards, it will be a really good product for its purpose.

Last edited by Sterk; 04-26-2018 at 04:28 AM.
Sterk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:31 AM   #889
doandongnguyen
doandongnguyen began at the beginning.

Device: Dpt-rp1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterk View Post
Hi, it is now get sold through Amazon.co.uk. Obviously, as UK is still an EU member you can buy it without import fees.

It's not cheap but you have the European warranty.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-DPT-RP...1&keywords=dpt

Not sure if you can buy from somewhere else within EU. I bought mine when I visited Japan 6 months ago and I'm satisfied with it. If they improve the software to contemporary standards, it will be a really good product for its purpose.
Yeah. I looked at this too and do not know much about this seller. I will try to read comment about the seller.

I watched many reviews about RP1. It seems to be suitable for me. Thank you.
doandongnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:18 PM   #890
Aesthete
Aesthete began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Has anyone successfully returned one of these to Amazon?

I'm pretty sure it will meet my needs, but it's nice to know that I have the option of returning it if it ends up not working out.
Aesthete is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2018, 11:56 PM   #891
grandnez
grandnez began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox Max
Hi,

I am about buying the Sony DPT-RP1. The only thing that makes me still doubt is the cost and duration of the pen tips.
Can someone tell me which of the two types of tips last more?.
And also, how many hours I can approximately write with one of those tips?

Thaks
grandnez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:05 PM   #892
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
I have had the RP1 for around 2 months. I'm using it mainly for reading and annotation. I also use it for note writing, maybe 1-2 pages a day. I'm still on my first tip. Well, second, because I dropped the pen once. Now I use a cap for the pen. From time to time the tip feels too sharp, and then I rub it on a piece of cloth, and all is good. Compared to a new tip, I'd say I wore 1/3 off. I'm not sure how far down it will still work.
I prefer the Pom tips - the writing is smoother.

Last edited by ghostwheel; 05-15-2018 at 03:13 PM.
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:50 AM   #893
88%
Enthusiast
88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch

Device: DPTS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandnez View Post
Hi,

Can someone tell me which of the two types of tips last more?.
And also, how many hours I can approximately write with one of those tips?
Note: I use a DPT-S1, not a DPTRP1, so my 2¢ here may be completely irrelevant. I know there've been some very significant stylus changes made between the two versions.

In my opinion, you're asking a really important question. We pay alot for these devices and are entitled to expect them to last a long time. It seems that Sony is in the planned obsolescence game as they discontinued the tips for the DPT-S1 stylus shortly after the device launched. If someone knows otherwise, I'd love to know where to buy these.

I blew through the felt tips (both versions). As a very rough estimate I'm not prepared to commit to I'd say I could've been using a tip maybe every 3 months of heavy use. I use my DPT-S1 almost exclusively for annotation, but do acknowledge that I press fairly hard.

That said, after finding out that the tips were discontinued I switched to a rubber tip and haven't had to change it since. The feeling is not quite as nice to write with, but for my purposes the difference is negligible.
88% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:27 PM   #894
LarryNYC
Groupie
LarryNYC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Look at this! New firmware update and iOS and Android apps will be released to allow you to transfer to the RP1 without the use of a computer! Awesome.

"Dear Friends of Sony Digital Paper,

Thank you for your purchase and ongoing support and feedback.

Sony is pleased to announce a firmware update for your DPT-RP1, as well as a new mobile application for Android™ and iOS. The Sony Digital Paper Mobile Application will allow you to transfer files to and from the Digital Paper anywhere, anytime, without the need of a computer. The free app will be available in June from both Google Play and the Apple App Store.

New features and functions made possible by the DPT-RP1 firmware update include:

• Screen Capture/Display Output Mode—connect via PC or Mac to a projector and display the contents on the Digital Paper screen, including real-time handwriting and mark-up, to a larger audience

• Interactive PDF and Smart Forms—populate forms using drop-down menus, check boxes and radio buttons for easy, structured data capture

• Page Jump—enter a page number and go directly to that specific page

• Pan and Zoom—move the display area after a page or portion of the page has been enlarged

• Automatic Page Rotation—pages from a document, book or article will automatically rotate as needed to optimize the reading experience

• Page Thumbnails Mode—view 16 pages of a document, book or article at one time

The firmware update will be available to all owners of DPT-RP1 starting on May 30, 2018."
LarryNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:46 AM   #895
dr_eos
dr_eos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hooray! Still no TOC support but better than nothing!
dr_eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:48 PM   #896
jra166
Enthusiast
jra166 doesn't litterjra166 doesn't litter

Device: Boox N96
Android app is a welcome development! I wonder if the firmware delay was due to the IOS and Android app approval process.... anyhow, happy we are finally getting an update.

The one feature that I would still like is mirroring the PC screen on the Sony. If they are enabling the mirroring of the Sony on a PC, surely the reverse is possible!
jra166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:43 AM   #897
sartrism
sartrism is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.sartrism is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.sartrism is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.sartrism is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.sartrism is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.sartrism is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.sartrism is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.sartrism is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.sartrism is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.sartrism is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.sartrism is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Boyue T62+, Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jra166 View Post
Android app is a welcome development! I wonder if the firmware delay was due to the IOS and Android app approval process.... anyhow, happy we are finally getting an update.

The one feature that I would still like is mirroring the PC screen on the Sony. If they are enabling the mirroring of the Sony on a PC, surely the reverse is possible!
I don't think so. Anyway, the mobile app will be not available when the update releases. They said it will be sometime in June.

For mirroring, I would say don't expect too much. There are more expensive e-ink monitors but they are not yet practical in any sense.
sartrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #898
JoeS
Enthusiast
JoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNYC View Post
Look at this! New firmware update and iOS and Android apps will be released to allow you to transfer to the RP1 without the use of a computer! Awesome.
Awesome indeed. That makes it extra mysterious why they decided to pi** everybody off by not informing that things were progressing. The silence on the official support forum was pretty frustrating.
JoeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:59 AM   #899
salamon
salamon began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
I've updated my rp1 but I can't rotate any pages. The help guide says that if I click the ... button it should have a rotate option, but it does not. The update was also supposed to automatically rotate the page based on orientation of device, but this isnt happening either. Is anyone else having this issue and does anyone know how to solve it?
salamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:06 AM   #900
YasBean
Enthusiast
YasBean doesn't litterYasBean doesn't litter

Device: Sony RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamon View Post
I've updated my rp1 but I can't rotate any pages. The help guide says that if I click the ... button it should have a rotate option, but it does not. The update was also supposed to automatically rotate the page based on orientation of device, but this isnt happening either. Is anyone else having this issue and does anyone know how to solve it?
The RP1 will not rotate based on orientation of the device, but will rotate the document to make best use of screen space. The update description said: “Automatic Page Rotation—pages from a document, book or article will automatically rotate as needed to optimize the reading experience.”
YasBean is offline   Reply With Quote