Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2015, 10:38 PM   #1
Sin Jeong-hun
Sin Jeong-hun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question If jailboken, it is possible to disable "tap to page turn"?

There are two ways to turn pages.
  1. Swipe left/right
  2. Tap the screen other than the top area

I only want to use [1], because [2] is fired too often by accident. Is this possible for jailbroken Kindle?
Sin Jeong-hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:47 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Should be -- I know baf has written something to ignore all touches, called Kindle Untouchable. It gets controlled purely by the home button.

Nobody to my knowledge though has written the hack you want.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2015, 10:52 PM   #3
Sin Jeong-hun
Sin Jeong-hun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks for the reply. If there is no way, I think I just have to live with it.
Sin Jeong-hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:34 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
http://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-untouchable/

You can take a look at how it gets done there, and maybe extend it.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #5
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k4nt, touch, PW2, koa2, pw4, Nook GLP 7.8
Use CoolReader and re-define all touch zones in the touch.ini file.

I tend to hold my kindle by the upper right corner which causes unintended touches. I disabled that zone.
fllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
page turn