Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kindle browser bookmarks

Has anybody figured out where browser bookmarks are stored and if it is possible to edit/reorder the list with an editor or script somehow?

It's especially annoying that the order of bookmarks is fixed, and you can only add bookmarks at the end of the list.

The workaround for this seems to be to create an .html document with the desired hyperlinks in it, which you can open as a Kindle document and launch the browser by clicking a hyperlink. But it would be nice if there an easy way to update the 'official' Bookmarks list.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
timepiece
timepiece began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2019
I've actually given up on the official bookmarks file and created my own, which shows up as a book in my library. If you know HTML, you can easily make your own, just create a page of links and save with a .txt extension. Otherwise, there's a site that will create one with the most common links for you, at http://www.bookmonk.com/home/
timepiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Two years ago I created such a page, in three columns, for my Blackberry. I imported the same page to my K3 and it works fine - as you said, as a book with active links that will open the browser.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
anmipo
anmipo doesn't litteranmipo doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Has anybody figured out where browser bookmarks are stored and if it is possible to edit/reorder the list with an editor or script somehow?
Yes, there's an online editor for Kindle bookmarks.
anmipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
mobilis
drowned in old books
mobilis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I keep mine in a shared Evernote file. Accessing my links on all my mobile devices is as simple as loading the share url, and then bookmarking it. I can also add new links to it on the fly via email- subject: mymobilelinkslist + body: link url and (optionally) name
mobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert