Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-21-2018, 10:57 AM   #16
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
it was still a good point - I've been given a similar amount of credit before, and was unhappy about it
No problems at all — I'm flattered. I just wish I'd taken better pictures now. I thought this was going to be a "done deal" by morning. And I do wish I hadn't framed the picture of the Aura card with the $30 price tag for the case. People are going to think the Aura is selling for $30. (BTW, in case it matters, this store is in North Richland Hills, TX.)

I see GoodEReader's story is "exclusive."
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:50 AM   #17
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPierre View Post
Some more info from https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...mart-in-the-us

I'm very curious how much of a difference the new processor mentioned in earlier posts will make. As far as screen refresh speed is concerned, I was under the impression that the bottleneck has been the E Ink Carta technology itself for many years now. Perhaps audiobook support is what justifies or necessitates the new processor?
I hate to say it, but the Bluetooth speculation might make sense as Walmart seems keen to push Audiobooks. (Unless there is something in the FCC filing that precludes Bluetooth?)
Advert
Old 08-21-2018, 01:14 PM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The Kindle Oasis 2 has been using an i.MX 7D, for people wondering what the impact on performance might be . (Given the lack of publicity/marketing around that fact, I'm going to go with: not much, especially given the fact the Kindle's OS would be *much* more friendly towards a multi-core CPU than Nickel).

Nonetheless, if that holds true, it's still a pleasant news .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-21-2018 at 01:21 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:06 PM   #19
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I hate to say it, but the Bluetooth speculation might make sense as Walmart seems keen to push Audiobooks. (Unless there is something in the FCC filing that precludes Bluetooth?)
Pretty sure you're misreading the Bluetooth mentions.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
No problems at all — I'm flattered. I just wish I'd taken better pictures now. I thought this was going to be a "done deal" by morning. And I do wish I hadn't framed the picture of the Aura card with the $30 price tag for the case. People are going to think the Aura is selling for $30. (BTW, in case it matters, this store is in North Richland Hills, TX.)
They were good photos that made it pretty clear what Walmart were doing. But, I am starting to wonder if you need to change your location: "Aisle 5, Walmart, DFW, TX"
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2018, 11:39 PM   #21
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
They were good photos that made it pretty clear what Walmart were doing. But, I am starting to wonder if you need to change your location: "Aisle 5, Walmart, DFW, TX"
Oh, heck no, that's Stew the Gizzard Scooper's Aisle. (He doesn't realize people don't have gizzards, so he spends a lot of time trying to find them with that sharpened scoop of his. Mostly he thinks they're eyes.) He's been camped there since he and his associates routed Tattoo Sally's Inkster gang in a fierce, four day, drool and snarl fest. No one messes with "the Gizzard." No one. Ever. (Not that I wouldn't mind taking over Aisle 5 ... some day — we can dream, can't we?)

Last edited by rcentros; 08-22-2018 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #22
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
• And then the "KOBO MINI" (five '5' inch display) should not go out that year too ?
* KOBO Mini ilustration:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 08-27-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote