Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #16
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I forgot the system part
There is Hidden and there is Hidden system.

You got all the space those files represented back for use.
Depending on what folder had originally failed, that could be a sizable amount.
No worries you're a big help still. Thanks for that. Yup, I know. I bet they took a whole lot of space. I'm so happy I got rid of those files, aside from being a space hugger it looks very bad. So much clutter on my Organized Folders. Now, it's very NEAT and orderly. I love it!

I can't stand clutter on my files.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #17
diokdin
Groupie

Oh, I'm able to use Calibre Desktop now, thanks to theducks for suggesting to disable my USB2 Port temporarily. And Now, it works smoothly with connecting and sending my ebooks. Sweeettttt!!!!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=56539&page=4
Old 11-23-2009, 12:55 AM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Thanks for the tip

As for .doc being simple, oops! Ok, not a simple format. I figure I'll try some of them on my PP and if it's too difficult I'll just continue to read those on my ebookwise since it reads them with no problems. But will be using the PP for everything else.
Actually I have an eBookwise and it can only really read IMP files. Everything else has to be converted. What are you using to transfer the files to your 1150?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:29 AM   #19
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Actually I have an eBookwise and it can only really read IMP files. Everything else has to be converted. What are you using to transfer the files to your 1150?

Dale
I'm just using a USB connection. I upload files to the personal content area on the website, either text, doc, rtf or html, then connect the ebookwise, press update and it downloads the files to the reader.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm just using a USB connection. I upload files to the personal content area on the website, either text, doc, rtf or html, then connect the ebookwise, press update and it downloads the files to the reader.
ah, you are using the upload to the web site to convert the file. It can convert the formats you listed although the size is limited. Thanks.

Dale
Old 11-24-2009, 01:14 AM   #21
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
ah, you are using the upload to the web site to convert the file. It can convert the formats you listed although the size is limited. Thanks.

Dale
It converts them when I upload them? Really? I didn't realize that. Admittedly I received my eBookwise as a hand me down from a friend and just took instructions from her so I don't know much about it from personal research. But the website says the eBookwise reads txt, html, doc and rtf... I assumed that meant natively.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It converts them when I upload them? Really? I didn't realize that. Admittedly I received my eBookwise as a hand me down from a friend and just took instructions from her so I don't know much about it from personal research. But the website says the eBookwise reads txt, html, doc and rtf... I assumed that meant natively.
It is a bit confusing. Sony also says they support DOC files but in fact they convert it in their windows application to RTF on the way to the device. The Astak devices are some of the few dedicated readers that can actually read doc files natively.

Dale
Old 11-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #23
Laura81
Addict

Ah, thanks for the information
Old 11-29-2009, 02:49 AM   #24
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
I was torn with the B&N Nook, Sony PRS300 and Astak Pocket Pro. But I choose Astak because it has expandable memory, replaceble battery, supports lots of formats, and for it's price.
I authorized purchase of my surprise Christmas present a few days ago (when I realized the package had been out for over a week), both because the above statement mirrored my own thoughts, and because I am totally taken with the notion of the purchase including a charitable donation (out of my wife's pocket, sure, but its the thought that counts.)

I finally decided I didn't really care about the nook enuff to wait til Nov 30(+) to make a purchase decision - which would STILL be a pre-order with a 30 day wait.

I am still intrigued by what the nook may bring to the ebook market, but B&N's marketing strategy ("here it is, but you can't touch it", "You can pre-order it, but we get our money, anyway, cuz if you don't like it we will charge you a restocking fee AND shipping both ways", etc) just irked the heck out of me.

And here Astak is selling a Christmas package with a charitable donation AND a bunch of extras that are potentially worth more than the extra $40.

When I realized I was just waiting around til Nov 30 to make a decision on a product that I would have to wait yet another 30 days (or more) to get, it just seemed kinda silly.

I waited most of the week to mention the purchase in order to give Astak time to send my wife a disappointing email that all CC Packs had been sold, and figure it should be safe now to mention it.

Looking forward to receiving it, as long as I don't find I have to be a Facebook member to turn it on. (Sorry, Robert, couldn't resist).

As for the Kindle, its obviously a great product, but I just don't like the button clutter. As for Sony, Diokdin's hit it on the nose, so there's no reason to repeat it.

Last edited by eGeezer; 11-29-2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Add Kindle and Sony comment for balance.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #25
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Facebook membership not needed to enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
I authorized purchase of my surprise Christmas present a few days ago (when I realized the package had been out for over a week), both because the above statement mirrored my own thoughts, and because I am totally taken with the notion of the purchase including a charitable donation (out of my wife's pocket, sure, but its the thought that counts.)

I finally decided I didn't really care about the nook enuff to wait til Nov 30(+) to make a purchase decision - which would STILL be a pre-order with a 30 day wait.

I am still intrigued by what the nook may bring to the ebook market, but B&N's marketing strategy ("here it is, but you can't touch it", "You can pre-order it, but we get our money, anyway, cuz if you don't like it we will charge you a restocking fee AND shipping both ways", etc) just irked the heck out of me.

And here Astak is selling a Christmas package with a charitable donation AND a bunch of extras that are potentially worth more than the extra $40.

When I realized I was just waiting around til Nov 30 to make a decision on a product that I would have to wait yet another 30 days (or more) to get, it just seemed kinda silly.

I waited most of the week to mention the purchase in order to give Astak time to send my wife a disappointing email that all CC Packs had been sold, and figure it should be safe now to mention it.

Looking forward to receiving it, as long as I don't find I have to be a Facebook member to turn it on. (Sorry, Robert, couldn't resist).

As for the Kindle, its obviously a great product, but I just don't like the button clutter. As for Sony, Diokdin's hit it on the nose, so there's no reason to repeat it.
Dear eGeezer:

Thank you! I agree on the Facebook thingee. I have railed against it.

I thank you for laying it out succinctly and really easily. If I say it... it is predjudiced and hot air. If you say it then people will belive the logic.

So, I do thank you and wish you happiest holidays. We are running out of stock on most items but should still have "A Christmas Carol Gift Pack" unitl the December 11 deadline! We are committed to raising that money for charity!!

All others: see what we are talking about:

go to www.astak.com/charity

See the "A Christmas Carol Gift Pack". It is a great gift for Christmas and it helps make your life easy while helping charity!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #26
diokdin
Groupie

Quote:

My thoughts exactly!

I want to see the feedbacks to those who got a Nook. What's their reviews on it.

Last edited by diokdin; 12-04-2009 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Additional comment about Nook.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #27
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
My thoughts exactly!

I want to see the feedbacks to those who got a Nook. What's their reviews on it.

So far, it appears to be a big YAWN.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #28
diokdin
Groupie

Quote:
So far, it appears to be a big YAWN.
I think it's alright, too slow in page turning and formatting books. Still it's expensive for me.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #29
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't have the Nook but did finally get to play with one today at Barnes & Noble. It served to reinforce the Astak Pocket Pro 5" was the right choice for me. I don't like the Nook. The buttons for turning the pages are VERY hard to push, and the device is heavy compared to the PP. I even like the size/shape of my PP better than Nook.

While it's neat to see the color book covers on the bottom of the Nook screen, I think I would have preferred a shorter device without the LCD.

Do I wish my PP had OTA capability? Meh...I wouldn't NOT use it if I had it. For me it wasn't a requirement. That's probably the only thing I would give the Nook points on over the PP.

All-in-all I'm very happy with my purchase. I was worried that once I got some hands on with the Nook I might have buyer's remorse. But I don't .

I predict that by this time next year I'll be ready for an upgrade and OTA capability will probably move higher up my list of "wants". All the things that made me choose the Astak PP are still very much valid. I'm pleased with my decision.

And then there was CES....
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #30
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Only comment on nook

Quote:
My thoughts exactly!

Dear Diokdin:

I work for Astak and I am so glad you joined our merry band.

Every time I say anything about any other device I get slammed. I read one review on the Nook that said it was "agonizingly slow". That is all I know.

Anyway, I am grateful for all the helpful comments on here posted to help Diokdin and other new EZ Reader Basic and Pocket Pro users. This has become a real community here. People like "TheDucks" have been so helpful on so many things!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote