Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
despgreene
despgreene began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
List of eBooks on iBookstore

I have ebooks distributed via Smashwords on iBookstore but because the iPad is still not available in Ireland I have not been able to check if they yet available.

Does a list of ebooks exist for the iBookstore?

Are my books (see www.desgreene.com) on list?

Help much appreciated,

Des Greene
despgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Currently titles in the iBookstore are accessible only via the iPad.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
despgreene

Pity - other readers are not so elitist with their libraries!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by despgreene View Post
I have ebooks distributed via Smashwords on iBookstore but because the iPad is still not available in Ireland I have not been able to check if they yet available.

Does a list of ebooks exist for the iBookstore?

Are my books (see www.desgreene.com) on list?

Help much appreciated,

Des Greene
Des, I see two books when I search on your name. Is this correct? Is there anything else you'd like me to search for you? You may think Apple is "elitist" but that doesn't mean all the users are.

tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Elitist? If you don't have an iPad you can't read the books anyway -- so why should Apple build a website to show content to folks who can't buy or read the books?

Yes, it's a bummer for authors who want to see if their books are in the store.....but that's a VERY tiny amount of people for them to spend resources serving.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
I always have found the separation of books from other iTunes content into a separate store that can't be accessed from iTunes peculiar.

It's not as if iTunes is just "tunes" or even just A/V with the integration of the app store into it. It's the segregation of books into a separate store that can only be accessed from the iBooks app in devices and not the desktop that is odd.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I suspect that it'll be visible in iTunes at some point, just like the app store.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Elitist? If you don't have an iPad you can't read the books anyway -- so why should Apple build a website to show content to folks who can't buy or read the books?

Yes, it's a bummer for authors who want to see if their books are in the store.....but that's a VERY tiny amount of people for them to spend resources serving.

Lee
Hmmm... Apparently those that live inside a walled garden do not understand the outside world.
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
i think the general frustration is growing on both sides.. first we had one author who didn't have an ipad ask us to check, then another, and another.. just how large is the list going to grow? apple unfortunately doesn't offer any way to view their book store outside of the ipad yet, hopefully this will change with the release of itunes 9.2. jobs did say that the ibook store was joining the music and app store, so maybe that's what he meant. i don't think people want to see this forum littered with posts from authors asking us "is it there yet? is it there yet? is it there yet?"

authors: as the various publishing sites indicate in their documentation (smashwords and apple both mention this) it can take 1-2 weeks before your book appears in the store. please. don't ask us to check the moment you click "publish" on the web form. in the meantime you might try and ask friends if they have ipads, or befriend a user on this forum who has an ipad and privately ask them to check for you.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #10
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
Hmmm... Apparently those that live inside a walled garden do not understand the outside world.
Aparently some folks think web sites just build themselves for free.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #11
despgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
Des, I see two books when I search on your name. Is this correct? Is there anything else you'd like me to search for you? You may think Apple is "elitist" but that doesn't mean all the users are.

Hi,

Thanks for that - those are my books!

Sorry if I offended anyone by the term 'elitest' - but I can't understand why Apple don't make the iBookstore software freely available just as Sony, Amazon, Barnes and Noble... etc. do.

I do intend to add the iPad to my Sony Reader Touch when it becomes available in Ireland but until then I have to try queries like this to get basic info.

Much appreciation for your kind assistence,

Des
Old 06-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #12
despgreene

Thanks