Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
neekee
neekee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Recommended Accessories For the Daily Edition?

As the subject says.. I'm looking for accessories for the daily reader. Especially things that are bright and colorful.

Also does anyone have a timbuk2 laptop messenger bag? I have a 13 inch macbook but I'm not sure which size to get for the bag to fit the reader and my macbook. I'm thinking a medium..

Thanks everyone.
neekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I use the Mighty Bright lights, which work well with the daily edition - they're bright (but not very colourful, unless we want to get technical about white light).

For carrying around in my bag, I protect it using a special padded pouch. I'll bet that you can get these in colours, but I use a white one decorated with my address and a used stamp.

To keep the screen clean, I use something like this - which might look expensive, but it's easy to carry around. You can get these in colours too.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
neekee
neekee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks!
neekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
jboardman
Zealot
jboardman is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, sony PRS900, Irex Iliad
I purchased an Oberon Design Kindle 2 cover and modified it a bit to use with my PRS900. If you want to know what I did, let me know.
jboardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
It came with everything I need. .... about the only thing might be a mighty-brite book lite.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #6
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
It came with everything I need. .... about the only thing might be a mighty-brite book lite.
I was looking at that. Will there be a problem with closing the cover and keeping it closed? Also a soft cover, more like an envelope, to slip into to carry around would be nice.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I was looking at that. Will there be a problem with closing the cover and keeping it closed? Also a soft cover, more like an envelope, to slip into to carry around would be nice.
I don't actually have the light, never needed it to this point. I was more suggesting it as something that might be needed depending on circumstances.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daily edition, laptop bags, macbook, timbuk2