Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Arhim
Enthusiast
Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Exclamation Help! Losted menu button after update!!!

Hello!

I have Kindle Paperwhite 1 gen

I had 5.3.6 Firmware with Jailbreak and Kual Extensions + Replace Store Button

I Upgraded to 5.4.4.2 from Amazon Link for 1 gen
After Reboot Amazon`s Store Button and Menu Button are missing

i made empty file "DO_FACTORY_RESTORE" in the usb drive and rebooted
after it - nothing help me and now Jailbreak is missed too!

please, help me call system menu via serach_box or force update after reboot like "DO_FACTORY_RESTORE" or something - it is the last chance for me. I can not apply *.bin files !!!

i clicked on every corners of screen - but now i am without Jailbreak and without menu button !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	o.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	500.3 KB
ID:	128023  

Last edited by Arhim; 09-07-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Arhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's... weird. I'll look at the KUAL button thing again, but AFAIR, a full update should pretty much obliterate it without breaking anything...

As for your current predicament, instead of clicking "Update our Kindle", which you can't, just let it go to sleep, the update should run automatically after some time (i.e., exactly like how you get silent official updates, except you're the one providing the files).

Once you get SSH running again, just restore a sane /usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/javascripts/search_bar.js

EDIT: Also, double posting is evil .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-07-2014 at 12:58 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
Arhim
Enthusiast
Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
sorry for my double posts

;( i have not ssh software at device after factory reset

only way - is wait for new OTA
Arhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Read my previous answers. You can install stuff by letting the idle ota timeout pick it up.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #5
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
You can downgrade your kindle w/o need for the settings menu. You can find it here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...34#post2915534 (use a bin file for PW1 )
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Try downgrading and reupgrading. There should be a link on the jailbreak thread for forcing a downgrade on 5.4.4.2 (which IIRC is when Amazon started blocking their updates being used to downgrade the firmware).

Hopefully this will fix it as it contains a full system image. Unless that file is in a different partition? Either way downgrading will give you the opportunity to reapply the jailbreak, carry it over to the new firmware, and reinstall hacks including USBNetwork.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote