Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
Nihli
Nihli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Need advise - how to run missing libraries in myts?

Hi!

Except few basic function my knowledge about linux is really scarce and I would like to ask whether it is possible and if it is, then how to install libraries or run them without installation with some other application? If it is possible I would not like to root my kindle or install debian on it, because that seems to be too high level for me. I just want to make some library run from /mnt/us directory with aplication so it's won't show info about missing dependecies.

Thanks for help in advance!

Nihli
Nihli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihli View Post
Hi!

Except few basic function my knowledge about linux is really scarce and I would like to ask whether it is possible and if it is, then how to install libraries or run them without installation with some other application? If it is possible I would not like to root my kindle or install debian on it, because that seems to be too high level for me. I just want to make some library run from /mnt/us directory with aplication so it's won't show info about missing dependecies.

Thanks for help in advance!

Nihli
What you ask is a "higher level" than either Jailbreaking or the other things you mention.

A factoid to add to your Linux Knowledge:
Linux (and all *nix systems) do not search the application's directory for its libraries (like Windoze does).

Linux (and all *nix systems) have a "standardized" set of locations for libraries.

It is possible to use a special binary editing tool on both the application and its dependent libraries to make them work properly outside of the "standardized" file system structure.

The thread on ARM Hard Float system libraries does just that.

But if Jailbreaking your Kindle is "too advanced" then just skip that idea.

- - - - -

Now - tell us what you want to run - -
It could be easier than the question you posed.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert