Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
palex481
Connoisseur
palex481 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
Reading Mobileread on the Kindle?

Ok, so I'm wondering if there is an easy way to browse this forum and others like it on the Kindle? I heard the web browser pretty much sucks except for Wikipedia. Any truth to this? Or alternatively, is there software that I could say, sync the latest updates from this forum into a nicely formatted mobi file and read it that way?

I have an iphone, but I would really like to be able to read web forums on a larger screen, constantly zooming on forums gets sorta really old, especially flipping to the next page links, since they are so tiny and I have to super zoom in on them.

And I'm trying to justify to myself, upgrading to a Kindle from a Sony 505.
If this has been covered elsewhere, please link, don't kill me, I searched first
palex481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:04 AM   #2
ChaseKR
Connoisseur
ChaseKR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Touch, iPad 1 3G
There is a mobile version of the site, but I've never tried it. You can access it from any of these three URLs:

http://www.mobileread.mobi/
http://m.mobileread.com/
https://www.mobileread.com/mobile/
ChaseKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I posted an informal report on Surfin' MobileRead with my Kindle 2. Pictures included.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:30 AM   #4
palex481
Connoisseur
palex481 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
Cool. thanks. So my impression taken is that I could pull this off reasonably well. Also I had no clue about the mobile version, very cool.

The more I see of the kindle the more I really want it. Hmm. Decisions, Decisions. Might be time to sell the 505 to my coworker.
palex481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:24 AM   #5
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I actually like using Kindle to browse text heavy forum because I have a bigger screen to read the really long heated topics =D
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hmm i'll have to give this a try when i get home
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I didn't realize that there was actually a mobile version of this site. I'll give this a try when I'm home from work and have a bit more time to play around with it. Sometimes I like using the K2 for text heavy sites as well.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote