Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 02:28 AM   #1
josnic
josnic began at the beginning.

Device: none
Where to get Kobo in Australia?

Borders is out of business so I've no idea where to buy.

On a side note, what are the differences between Kobo Touch & Wi-Fi?

Is it possible to upload books in .epub format from my computer to Kobo directly? (ie I got the .epub books from friends of friends of friends if you know what I mean)
josnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:40 AM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Collins will be selling the Kobo Touch online and instore starting September for around $160

You can yes. Your device will show up as an external drive in My computer and Explorer. Copying files this way is called sideloading and should work fine.

Main difference is the Wifi does not have a touch screen and has a slower processor
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
mor0014
mor0014 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I ordered my kobo touch from borders.com on July 7th and was shipped out on July 8th and I still have not got it. Going by average delivery times on here and on borders.com it should be here already. Is there anything I can do now that borders are out of business?
mor0014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mor0014 View Post
I ordered my kobo touch from borders.com on July 7th and was shipped out on July 8th and I still have not got it. Going by average delivery times on here and on borders.com it should be here already. Is there anything I can do now that borders are out of business?
I would try to contact them. I think they are still in the process of GOING out of business rather than being GONE out of business. Not sure you'll have a lot of luck but it's worth a shot since IIRC they don't even give you a tracking # for your shipment.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
For what it's worth, Borders AU will be selling the KT too. (Spotted whilst browsing their website.) It'll be online only, of course, and some people might feel uneasy about giving Borders AU any more custom...
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #6
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
For what it's worth, Borders AU will be selling the KT too. (Spotted whilst browsing their website.) It'll be online only, of course, and some people might feel uneasy about giving Borders AU any more custom...
Owned by Pearson Publishing now, so not really the same outfil $ wise, though functionally I'm sure most things are still similar atm.

Curious how you stumbled upon that banner image? was it displaying as part of their rotation because I couldn't see it.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:32 AM   #7
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Curious how you stumbled upon that banner image? was it displaying as part of their rotation because I couldn't see it.
Rotation, yep. Currently third out of five on their front page banner rotation.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:11 AM   #8
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I saw it! Well it's good they are gonna be stocking the Touch.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:22 AM   #9
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
You should definitely follow up with Borders. Then if that is unsuccessful you should contact your credit card company as they will reverse the charge if the product is undelivered.

Have you had a good look for it??
I ordered my Touch just a few days before you but I've had mine for a few weeks now. Interestingly mine was put in the garden next to my front door!! The parcel would have fit in the letter box through the opening rather than the letter slot but instead they left it behind a plant beside the front door. I found it by accident when I was saying goodbye to a friend as I only use that door when I have visitors.

I was in a charitable mood and decided that they were trying to hide the parcel from passers by rather than any weird reason for leaving it in my garden!!
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:52 AM   #10
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mor0014: In the other thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=139040&page=8) Bookpossum just got his/hers. After 30 days it should be considered lost, and Borders should issue you a refund. I'd definitely give them a call ASAP, you'd be silly to wait a day longer to contact them. Obviously if Borders doesn't resolve it the CC company is you next order of business.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:53 AM   #11
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Rotation, yep. Currently third out of five on their front page banner rotation.
Well its good to know. Suspected that would stock it, though they don't seem to have anything (eReaders) in stock atm.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:45 AM   #12
mor0014
mor0014 began at the beginning.

Still has not showed up. Were they delivered via Australia Post? Austpost dont directly delivery to my address instead going to local shop and pick up from there and they have not seen anything.

Whats the best way to contact borders? cant really find much on the website. Tried sending them a twitter message but have not heard anything back.
mor0014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #13
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Still has not showed up. Were they delivered via Australia Post? Austpost dont directly delivery to my address instead going to local shop and pick up from there and they have not seen anything.

Whats the best way to contact borders? cant really find much on the website. Tried sending them a twitter message but have not heard anything back.
I contacted in a form about the loyalty program or something and they replied to my message even though it had nothing to do with the program. Later on I found the correct contact page
http://www.borders.com/online/store/...ntactUsContent
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #14
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
How much do you think they will price the KT on borders Australia?
I'm thinking of buying from borders.com but then the shipping might take ages
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #15
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ixia - I wish I'd waited until they were released in Australia in September through Collins online. I've been waiting 25 days for my parcel from Borders.com in USA and someone else has been waiting longer than that!
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote