Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 02:18 AM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
The one thing I'd really, really like...

Another forum I frequent (for educators) is quite similar to this one in terms of setup. One thing I can do there that I really wish I could do here is get a preview of each thread by hovering over the title. Sometimes I sit here on MR with the cursor hovering for several seconds before I remember that nothing's going to show up. Then I'm sad.

Is that neat little trick a possibility here? Nobody likes a sad penguin....

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 10-10-2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: belatedly fix my grammar and add a little somethin' somethin', even though you can see my mistakes in Geoff's quote!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:51 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
If we're creating a wish-list, I'd like to share a little thing that drives my anal-retentive soul crazy...

You can only give even-numbered Karma (and if you enter an odd number, it rounds down), so for people - like GraceKrispy here - with odd karma, you can never bring them to a nice round (and even) number!

I know, it's anal retentive. So I'm anal retentive. It still bugs me!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 03:06 AM   #3
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
like GraceKrispy here - with odd karma
I do not think GK has "odd" Karma... it is just a little "different".
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:52 AM   #4
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I do not think GK has "odd" Karma... it is just a little "different".
Old 10-10-2010, 05:46 AM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OMG! What??? How did I get odd karma?? WHO DID THIS TO ME???

I'm a little freaked out.. I've never noticed the even vs odd, or even that you couldn't give odd karma. I'm damaged goods!

eta
wait, it's not just me! Dreams and Donna have odd karma too! yaay, I'm not alone! Maybe *you're* the odd one, FW!

(still wondering how we got odd karma if you can only give even!)

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 10-10-2010 at 05:52 AM. Reason: discovered something
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
In another forum I frequent (for educators), it's quite similar in a lot of ways to this one in terms of setup. One thing I can do there that I really wish I could do here is get a preview of each thread by hovering over the title. Sometimes I sit there with the cursor hovering for 10 seconds before I remember that nothing's going to show up.

Is that neat little trick a possibility?
That's a neat trick I would like to second.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:15 AM   #7
FizzyWater

Quote:
I think it was something that changed after I'd been a member for about a year. If I remember correctly, there was some kind of change made to allow newbies to give karma (or something like that).

So if you had an odd number when that change went in, you stayed "odd".

I've tried to give "odd" karma to bring someone to an even number, and it just drops the odd "1" (for example, an offer of "41" karma is applied as "40").
Old 10-10-2010, 06:16 AM   #8
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OMG! What??? How did I get odd karma?? WHO DID THIS TO ME???

I'm a little freaked out.. I've never noticed the even vs odd, or even that you couldn't give odd karma. I'm damaged goods!

eta
wait, it's not just me! Dreams and Donna have odd karma too! yaay, I'm not alone! Maybe *you're* the odd one, FW!

You, dreams and I must have stepped on a butterfly in a past life.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:18 AM   #9
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Individually of course. I am not crazy enough to believe that you, dreams and I stepped on the same butterfly at the same time in our past lives.

Just thought I should clarify that.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:20 AM   #10
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the rest of you are odd, why am I an even one ?
Old 10-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #11
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Does anal retentive have a hyphen?
I am backing slowly away.... I am not going to touch that.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #12
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

This is all very interesting and illuminating (thank you, FW, for that explanation... I guess once you're "odd," you're always "odd?"), but let's get back to it.

hovering preview, please! I think I got a second from Geoff....

(my odd karma will haunt me to my dying days)
Old 10-10-2010, 07:19 AM   #13
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
This is all very interesting and illuminating (thank you, FW, for that explanation... I guess once you're "odd," you're always "odd?"), but let's get back to it.

hovering preview, please! I think I got a second from Geoff....

(my odd karma will haunt me to my dying days)
I'm "odd" too, Grace, so you're in good comany. (Notice the commas and apostrophes? )

I can really shake a tail feather too!

I'm not sure if those using iPads can "hover", Grace. I'm not sure what flash is but this sounds like a flashy idea.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #14
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I'm "odd" too, Grace, so you're in good comany. (Notice the commas and apostrophes? )

I can really shake a tail feather too!

I'm not sure if those using iPads can "hover", Grace. I'm not sure what flash is but this sounds like a flashy idea.

Flash is when you expose ...... oh! wait !

that flash

Old 10-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #15
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Another forum I frequent (for educators) is quite similar to this one in terms of setup. One thing I can do there that I really wish I could do here is get a preview of each thread by hovering over the title. Sometimes I sit here on MR with the cursor hovering for several seconds before I remember that nothing's going to show up. Then I'm sad.
It's disabled by default because it could slow down page loading considerably. But we'll see how difficult it was to make it a customizable option in the User CP.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote