Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-28-2015, 01:28 AM   #1
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: SONY Touch PRS-650, Nook HD, Kobo H2O Kobo Aura ONE LE, Kobo Libra 2
Exclamation Fanfiction Downloader not working with Calibre

i mostly read fanfiction on my ereaders, so i download all my fanfics using fanfiction downloader for mac. i've run into a problem after installing the newest version 8.13 on my imac running mountain lion.

it installs but refuses to open. the app just jumps a few times then stops without opening. does anyone else who uses this program know what's going on?

i just know you have to configure Calibre in order for it to convert the fanfics to epub format. i went to redo the configuration but the option was gone. the instructions say preferences > advanced > miscellaneous > Install command line tools. the "Install command line tools" option is no longer there but i remember doing this before. was that removed in calibre and that might be why fanfiction downloader is no longer working?

here's a link to the site, the instructions are there under manual. these instructions worked before the new update for the downloader.
Rika24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:33 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The method calibre used for gaining root privileges was deprecated by Apple.

You will have to manually symlink the tools into /usr/local/bin
My auto-installer/updater for calibre will also create these symlinks: https://github.com/eli-schwartz/calibre-installer
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:53 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Why not use [GUI Plugin] FanFicFare?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #4
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
i had no idea this existed! i just installed it. will this effect the fanfics i've already downloaded and added to calibre? because some of the fics are no longer available online.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:26 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
i had no idea this existed! i just installed it. will this effect the fanfics i've already downloaded and added to calibre? because some of the fics are no longer available online.
It has no direct affect on any exist stories in your calibre library. But, if you select story that has a URL set that matches a site that FFF handles, it will prompt you to update the story. If you do, and the story is no longer there, it will give an error and not change the story.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:33 PM   #6
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan

is there a way to set it to input the series and status after download and to not save the cover? i make my own covers for fanfics i like, so the automatic cover download is irritating.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:35 PM   #7
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FYI, the fanfiction downloader for mac that Rika24 mentions is unrelated to FanFicFare. It is, in fact, why I changed the name of the program I maintain.

I don't know if FanFicFare will be able to update epubs you've already downloaded using the fanfictiondownloader.net tool--I've never tried. But FanFicFare will only try if you tell it to, and it won't do anything to stories that it can't find online.

So while there's no risk of losing stories that have disappeared entirely, if you attempt to update a story that you've edited or that the author has removed chapters from you could conceivably lose some content when FanFicFare re-downloads chapters or discards chapters the author deleted online.

(Sorry for the late response, I didn't see this thread before.)
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote