Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Heh .... red state, blue state ....

"Dear Red States..." A Letter From The Blue!
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Oh .... sorry ..... off topic. How COULD I?? 1,000 lashes with a wet noodle.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh .... sorry ..... off topic. How COULD I?? 1,000 lashes with a wet noodle.
No... I meant my post is off topic.

BOb
Old 12-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #19
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
No... I meant my post is off topic.

BOb
OH well .... what say I meet you in the alley and we can beat each other to death with wet noodles??
Old 12-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
OH well .... what say I meet you in the alley and we can beat each other to death with wet noodles??
I'm afraid of noodles, ever since the Ramen incident..

BOb
Old 12-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #21
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
I'm afraid of noodles, ever since the Ramen incident..

BOb
Do tell!!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #22
gkbeer
Enthusiast
gkbeer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I think eventually Kindle users will be paying for the service
If it does, I'll be opting out. In spite of the Kindles good/bad ergonomics - Whispernet, without a monthly change, was the key feature that tilted my purchase decision toward the Kindle.

Last edited by gkbeer; 12-03-2008 at 11:58 PM.
gkbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I think eventually Kindle users will be paying for the service
What service? They have said wireless delivery is included in the book price... so we do in a way pay for that. They have also said Wikipedia access will always be included... but, as far as the web browser, etc... I would expect if it starts getting heavy use that they would charge for it.

BOb
Old 12-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #24
gkbeer
Enthusiast
gkbeer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch,
Quote:
What service? They have said wireless delivery is included in the book price... so we do in a way pay for that. They have also said Wikipedia access will always be included... but, as far as the web browser, etc... I would expect if it starts getting heavy use that they would charge for it.

BOb
I've come to the conclusion that web browsing on an E-ink device is pretty much an exercise in frustration.
gkbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:32 AM   #25
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkbeer View Post
I've come to the conclusion that web browsing on an E-ink device is pretty much an exercise in frustration.
No doubt... but in a pinch it is ok... certainly don't make a habit of it... the iTouch does much better.

But, the feedbooks and mobieread guides and ebooks are downloaded via the basic web browser I think. So, if that goes away I would miss it. I would pay a small fee for it...$25 year... I would pay $50 a year if I could upload ebooks I don't buy at amazon to my media library as a backup.

BOb