Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
AmerInstOfBi
AmerInstOfBi began at the beginning.

Device: nook, kindle fire, ipad
Library - Custom Column with File Name

I have done some reading around here, and searching, and don't see an answer to this question. I try not to bother, since there's tons of good info on forums like this. But I would like to ask a quick question.

One of my jobs (I'm the only employee of a small non-profit, so I do it all) is to proof read books our founder wrote. I've been having the books converted in to eBooks and proofing them too. Calibre is a wonderful tool to use to compile my numerous versions, etc....

Only problem is, I don't have a good view of which version (1st draft, 2nd draft, etc...) I'm viewing in the library list. I wanted to know if there's a way to add a column that displays the file name. For some reason, the date doesn't always reflect which draft it is, but the file name does.

Anyone know? If not, it's all good, still love the tool. Will just have to re-name them when they come in from the vendor.
AmerInstOfBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerInstOfBi View Post
I have done some reading around here, and searching, and don't see an answer to this question. I try not to bother, since there's tons of good info on forums like this. But I would like to ask a quick question.

One of my jobs (I'm the only employee of a small non-profit, so I do it all) is to proof read books our founder wrote. I've been having the books converted in to eBooks and proofing them too. Calibre is a wonderful tool to use to compile my numerous versions, etc....

Only problem is, I don't have a good view of which version (1st draft, 2nd draft, etc...) I'm viewing in the library list. I wanted to know if there's a way to add a column that displays the file name. For some reason, the date doesn't always reflect which draft it is, but the file name does.

Anyone know? If not, it's all good, still love the tool. Will just have to re-name them when they come in from the vendor.
You can easily add custom columns. But why do you need them to contain the file name. Just make a Version column
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There is no way to show automatically any file name in a custom column.

My guess is that you want to see the name of the file you imported because it has the draft number in it. Assuming you keep all of the drafts as separate books, then you can use an integer custom column to contain the version number. You would set this number when you import a draft.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
AmerInstOfBi
AmerInstOfBi began at the beginning.

Device: nook, kindle fire, ipad
Excellent, thank you!
AmerInstOfBi is offline   Reply With Quote