Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
kingtermite
KingTermite
kingtermite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Cool Hello...my name is Inigo Montoya

OK...maybe not. It's Chris (aka kingtermite).

My recent story to my path here.

I used to be bit of a book worm, but I've always been a slow reader. I've grown to not read much over the last 10+ years because I read so slow it was a bit painful at times. I probably dropped to only reading a few pleasure books per year.

For years I wanted to get back to reading more. About a month ago I saw a groupon for a speed reading course and my wife and I went to it. So we've been trying to read a lot lately to practice the techniques and we've been getting better. I've read a few books in the last month.

OK...that's the background. I've "considered" a kindle for quite a while. I finally broke down and bought a Kindle Touch last night. I literally just "stumbled" across Calibre yesterday while researching which Kindle to get and this forum was linked from the Calibre website.

Now you know my story....don't blackmail me with it later, please. So, off to read now....
kingtermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
Keloff
Electronic media explorer
Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation), iPad 2
This story is inconceivable!

Welcome to the community.
Keloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Chris and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I didn't kill your father, I swear! I'm not prepared to die!

Enjoy the forums, and enjoy your Kindle!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
kingtermite
KingTermite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I didn't kill your father, I swear! I'm not prepared to die!
You may "say" you didn't kill my father, but I'd like to take a look at the number of fingers on your right hand - just to be sure, if you don't mind.

LOL....thanks for the welcome peeps.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Hi Chris and welcome to Mobile Read! I think you'll find you read even more with the Kindle as you can carry a small library with you. A good site to help you find great ideads for books to read is GoodReads.com
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
kingtermite
KingTermite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
Hi Chris and welcome to Mobile Read! I think you'll find you read even more with the Kindle as you can carry a small library with you. A good site to help you find great ideads for books to read is GoodReads.com
LOL...thanks. I actually discovered Goodreads just a few weeks ago. :-) It is a good site.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intro, kindle touch