Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-22-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Use Calibre GUI to remotely manage Content Server?

I didn't see this information but I have the impression it's possible from reading the User Manual.

Can I run Content Server 3 on a remote Windows machine and use Calibre3 GUI on a local machine (also on windows if that matters) to connect to it and manage it? Ideally, it would be as if the library were on my local machine, but I mostly just need to add/remove books.

A little background: I already have said windows remote machine running a couple instances of the Content Server 2 AND Calibre2 GUI and am able to connect to it from the internetz - The GUI is running so that it can monitor a dropbox folder and auto add any books I throw into that folder. I just can't remotely remove any books from the library.

I've read up on calibredb, which might be the answer, but a GUI would be way-mo-betta...

Thanks!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, the GUI cannot connect to a server. The new server interface will itself gain the ability to edit metadata, delete/add books, convert, etc -- I just could not get that finished in time for 3.0
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Ah. OK. Thanks!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote