Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Laurie R King Beekeepers series

(I've not seen anything on this posted elsewhere)

I mailed Picador to say thanks for the freebee & suggested that they offer the rest of the series as e-books. correctly formatted & no DRM. (I guess I would not have been the only one to write).

Have Just heard back from them;

Thanks for your suggestions! We are in the process of enabling the
creation of these books as e-books as we speak. You should be able to
download them by the end of the month.

Vamos a ver!
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I have them all as pbooks, but it would be nice to see the whole series in ebook.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
awesome! I know I've clicked the "I want this for Kindle" button on Amazon more than once for the first couple of books.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bump!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thanks columbus for the news (and for taking the time to write to the publisher) ! by any chance do you know whether they'll be available through fictionwise etc., or only for the kindle ? (i know i know, you're going to tell me "all i know is that email", but if anyone hears anything i'd be interested....)

karma to you for this. i've got the pdf but i was saving it, since it's the start of a series...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2009, 04:35 AM   #6
columbus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel;
thanks columbus for the news (and for taking the time to write to the publisher) ! by any chance do you know whether they'll be available through fictionwise etc., or only for the kindle ? (i know i know, you're going to tell me "all i know is that email", but if anyone hears anything i'd be interested....)

karma to you for this. i've got the pdf but i was saving it, since it's the start of a series...
Zelda, you are right, all they told me was what I posted above. I had made a point of saying I had joined & reformatted the pdf's to read on my sony and of asking for multiple formats apart from no DRM. I did respond to their mail to ask how & when they would announce this, but have heard nothing more as yet.
I would guess that everybody who asked for the freebee will automatically hear as you will now be on their mailing list.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
That's great news. I've been wanting to reread the series but the hardback books are such a pain to carry around.
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
(I've not seen anything on this posted elsewhere)

I mailed Picador to say thanks for the freebee & suggested that they offer the rest of the series as e-books. correctly formatted & no DRM. (I guess I would not have been the only one to write).

Have Just heard back from them;

Thanks for your suggestions! We are in the process of enabling the
creation of these books as e-books as we speak. You should be able to
download them by the end of the month.

Vamos a ver!
The Game, The Moor, Justice Hall, Locked Rooms, and A Letter of Mary, are already available at Fictionwise.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #9
vickivanv
vickivanv has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPhone, kindle (soon, I hope!)
I think I saw most of y'all on the Beekeeper's Apprentice giveway thread--hi again! For any others, I help Laurie King with her forum and online outreach. My latest information is that the first four are coming to the kindle store shortly, and I'm checking on what other formats are coming as well.

Another publisher, Bantam, has books 5-8, with 9 (The Language of Bees) coming out 4/28. I notice that these are available as ebooks on the Random House site. Here is the page for the most recent one--looks like they have them in several formats, but I'm not sure about DRM status, however. I wonder if the mobi is DRM free.

Last edited by vickivanv; 04-17-2009 at 12:16 AM.
vickivanv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickivanv View Post
Another publisher, Bantam, has books 5-8, with 9 (The Language of Bees) coming out 4/28. I notice that these are available as ebooks on the Random House site. Here is the page for the most recent one--looks like they have them in several formats, but I'm not sure about DRM status, however. I wonder if the mobi is DRM free.

Anything from Random House has DRM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #11
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Anything from Random House has DRM.
And most have text to speech disabled.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
And most have text to speech disabled.
Should be a smiley face. When Kindle eBooks have TTS disabled, that means that that title is then legally able to have the DRM stripped (in the US). So the more Kindle eBooks that are TTS free are more eBooks we can legally remove the DRM from. Otherwise, it's a gray area as the the legality of removing the DRM. So the best solutions is for Amazon to disable TTS for all eBooks that have DRM and then we'd be all set.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote