Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #586
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
But that's the problem, I can't see anywhere in Android Chrome Settings to do any font config. Am I missing something obvious? It wouldn't be the first time
I don't think you're missing anything. This article might help.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:39 PM   #587
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I don't think you're missing anything. This article might help.
I did experiment by changing the Android default to a non-sans-serif font using a standard option in Android Settings-Display. It certainly changed the Android UI appearance but it didn't seem to change the font used by Chrome when reading a calibre content server epub.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2017, 03:55 AM   #588
icq70610
Enthusiast
icq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enough

Device: PSR505
Scrolling speed - Cover Grid

Hi Guys,

picked that thread for a question - I try to nail down an issue.

Arch linux - uptodate
calibre 3.1

Issue: Scrolling speed inside the cover browser.

If I scroll on the scrollbar I get super fast speed - like it used to be - I have a lib with around 4K plus books. (scrollbar right to the cover grid) scrolling is as expected.

Scrolling inside the cover grid is slow. scrolling inside the "list view" speed is fast again.

Does that makes sense? in terms of description?

Pete
icq70610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:26 AM   #589
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Scrolling with what? The mouse wheel? arrow keys? Space bar? Page down?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:54 AM   #590
icq70610
Enthusiast
icq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

sorry I though i was clear ... scrolling with the Wheel.

Pete
Advert
Old 06-27-2017, 02:37 AM   #591
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...f9919cbed7d599
Old 06-28-2017, 10:21 AM   #592
icq70610
Enthusiast

appreciated!

Thanks for the quick fix,

\Pete
Old 07-01-2017, 05:53 AM   #593
spliton210
spliton210 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Qt 5.6, which calibre 3.0 uses is incompatible with your X server implementation, see all the error messages in the that log from QXcbConnection

You'll have to stay with 2.x
Hi

Apologies for adding to an old thread, but it is relevant to previous posts made here.

I was unable to use v3.x. as I was getting GTK errors etc on my Ubuntu environment. I took the rather large step of trashing my system (complete disk erase) and installing a virgin copy of Ubuntu 17.04 (Desktop) to overcome these issues - or so I hoped

Unfortunately I an getting exactly the same issues. Does this mean that Calibre is incompatible with Ubuntu 17.04??

Thanks
spliton210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:27 AM   #594
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Works fine on my Ubuntu 17.04 VM. In fact that the Ubuntu 17.04 VM is the main one that I test calibre on linux on (apart from my dev machine which runs Arch).
Old 07-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #595
spliton210
spliton210 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2
OK. So after much searching and reading it appears that the Qt problems lie with the size of my screen.

I use my media server for my Calibre server, which sits behind, and is connected to my 58" LG TV... seems that the issue is to do with pixel size or some such... way over my head, but looks like I am going to be stuck with 2.85.1

Cheers
spliton210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:52 AM   #596
kjonca
kjonca began at the beginning.

Device: PocektBook Touch HD3, onyx t68Lynx,onyx m92,prs-650
I have problem with calibredb on remote server ( calibredb (calibre 3.1.1) )
calibredb --with-library='http://localhost:8080/#library_id=CalibreLibrary' list
gives me:

DeDRM v6.1.0: In __init__
DeDRM v6.1.0: In load_resources
DeDRM v6.1.0: verdir /home/kjonca/.config/calibre/plugins/DeDRM/6.1.0
DeDRM v6.1.0: In initialize
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/calibredb", line 20, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/main.py", line 251, in main
return run_cmd(cmd, opts, args[1:], DBCtx(opts))
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/main.py", line 55, in run_cmd
ret = m.main(opts, args, dbctx)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/cmd_list.py", line 324, in main
for_machine=opts.for_machine
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/cmd_list.py", line 150, in do_list
ans = dbctx.run('list', fields, sort_by, ascending, search_text, limit)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/main.py", line 189, in run
return self.remote_run(name, m, *args)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/main.py", line 209, in remote_run
res = self.br.open_novisit(rq)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
return self._mech_open(url, data, visit=False, timeout=timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 230, in _mech_open
response = UserAgentBase.open(self, request, data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_opener.py", line 193, in open
response = urlopen(self, req, data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 344, in _open
'_open', req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 1142, in http_open
return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 1115, in do_open
h.request(req.get_method(), req.get_selector(), req.data, headers)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1042, in request
self._send_request(method, url, body, headers)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1082, in _send_request
self.endheaders(body)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1038, in endheaders
self._send_output(message_body)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 880, in _send_output
msg += message_body
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x95 in position 0: invalid start byte

Last edited by kjonca; 07-08-2017 at 06:56 AM. Reason: calibre version
kjonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:31 AM   #597
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You are using distro version of calibre. These are not supported. Install the official calibre binaries instead.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:50 AM   #598
jony08
Connoisseur
jony08 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jony08 View Post
I like the new look of 2.99.12 but I have a few suggestions/thoughts
1. The VL button now looks like it is a part of the Tag browser, so think it would look better with a line between them or the VL button could be to the right of the search box or in the main toolbar.
Sorry for answering to the old tread but I think I exaggerated the need to separate the VL button from the Tag browser. I think it would be clear even without the present border around the Tag browser and actually think it would look better without the border.
jony08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:26 PM   #599
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjonca View Post
I have problem with calibredb on remote server ( calibredb (calibre 3.1.1) )
calibredb --with-library='http://localhost:8080/#library_id=CalibreLibrary' list
gives me:

Code:
DeDRM v6.1.0: In __init__
DeDRM v6.1.0: In load_resources
DeDRM v6.1.0: verdir /home/kjonca/.config/calibre/plugins/DeDRM/6.1.0
DeDRM v6.1.0: In initialize
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/calibredb", line 20, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/main.py", line 251, in main
    return run_cmd(cmd, opts, args[1:], DBCtx(opts))
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/main.py", line 55, in run_cmd
    ret = m.main(opts, args, dbctx)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/cmd_list.py", line 324, in main
    for_machine=opts.for_machine
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/cmd_list.py", line 150, in do_list
    ans = dbctx.run('list', fields, sort_by, ascending, search_text, limit)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/main.py", line 189, in run
    return self.remote_run(name, m, *args)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/db/cli/main.py", line 209, in remote_run
    res = self.br.open_novisit(rq)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
    return self._mech_open(url, data, visit=False, timeout=timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 230, in _mech_open
    response = UserAgentBase.open(self, request, data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_opener.py", line 193, in open
    response = urlopen(self, req, data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 344, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 1142, in http_open
    return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mechanize/_urllib2_fork.py", line 1115, in do_open
    h.request(req.get_method(), req.get_selector(), req.data, headers)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1042, in request
    self._send_request(method, url, body, headers)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1082, in _send_request
    self.endheaders(body)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1038, in endheaders
    self._send_output(message_body)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 880, in _send_output
    msg += message_body
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x95 in position 0: invalid start byte
Your distro version of calibre appears to be using an outdated version of python2-mechanize.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote