Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeks View Post
If it's marked, it doesn't meet the requirements for new. It will get the vendor kicked out of the Amazon marketplace.

https://teleread.org/2017/05/10/amaz...cheaper-books/

The update includes a response from Amazon about marked books.

Greg
Thanks for that.

This sort of sums up the publisher created situation nicely:

"The ironic thing in all this is that publishers could very easily decrease the impact remainder sales have on their bottom line—if not kill remainder sales altogether—if they just got behind ebooks and pushed hard. If they got competitive with ebook prices instead of trying to keep their prices so high that people simply don’t want to buy them, they could sell more non-resalable copies, and perhaps reduce their print runs which would in turn reduce the number of remainder copies."
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:01 PM   #17
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
But as for general merchandise, it appears to me that over the past two years or so, Amazon has changed its definition of new vs. Amazon Warehouse Deal like-new. Perhaps the same is true with paper books.
I haven't personally run into that, but I don't buy a lot of things used from Amazon. I buy more diapers than anything else from them these days and used is not something I even consider.

Somewhat off topic but I am surprised that the comment I made on the AG website actually got through their moderation and posted. I fully expected it to be moderated into oblivion.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #18
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I haven't personally run into that, but I don't buy a lot of things used from Amazon. I buy more diapers than anything else from them these days and used is not something I even consider.

Somewhat off topic but I am surprised that the comment I made on the AG website actually got through their moderation and posted. I fully expected it to be moderated into oblivion.
Give it time.
They are currently busy digesting an Author Earnings presentation they attended recently.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByS...VJWlhsdHc/view

The AG boss is the sitting lady in the front.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:48 PM   #19
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Give it time.
They are currently busy digesting an Author Earnings presentation they attended recently.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByS...VJWlhsdHc/view

The AG boss is the sitting lady in the front.
Personally my favourite AE slide is:

http://authorearnings.com/wp-content...01/Slide13.jpg

I'm not generally a fan of slides, infographics etc. but this one is an exception. It just makes the point so clearly that even the Publishers Authors Guild should be able to understand it. Eventually.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:14 AM   #20
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
From the Digital Reader blog:

https://the-digital-reader.com/2017/...lowest-seller/

More at the source.

It helps to understand the difference between AMAZON.COM and AMAZON.LLC. because what we have here is Amazon.com (the online mall operator) demoting their Anchor store (AMAZON.LLC) to the same status as other *new* book vendors on the site. So if another book source can undercut AMAZON.LLC (by offering up a remaindered copy, for example) they are happy to give them top listing.

Publishers, of course, are upset to see their deep discounted inventory (for which authors don't get paid) getting added visibility.

Expend lots on whining about readers getting easier access to cheap pbooks.
Along these lines, I have just added the App "Honey"

https://www.joinhoney.com/

to my Chromebook. This will tell you (hopefully) whether your choice on Amazon is the cheapest one available. I tried it once and it seemed to work, but I have not had enough experience with it yet to develop complete confidence.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert