Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
dmck
dmck began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Network drive spun down: "Failed to create calibre library at: u'Z:\\Calibre Library"

Hi,
I'm having a minor issue with accessing my Calibre library located on my network. If my network drive has spun down and I launch Calibre, I get a "Failed to create calibre library at: u'Z:\\Calibre Library" error. To access my library, I must first access the network drive (via Windows Explorer, for example) and then the library opens okay.

I've searched, but can't find any way to have Calibre wait for the drive to spin up. Does anyone know if this is possible?
dmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmck View Post
Hi,
I'm having a minor issue with accessing my Calibre library located on my network. If my network drive has spun down and I launch Calibre, I get a "Failed to create calibre library at: u'Z:\\Calibre Library" error. To access my library, I must first access the network drive (via Windows Explorer, for example) and then the library opens okay.

I've searched, but can't find any way to have Calibre wait for the drive to spin up. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Calibre is not compatible with network shares/NAS.

Some folk get away with it, others like yourself don't.
Your Library data is at risk unless everything is rock solid, All the time.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@dmck perhaps you could write a script/batch file that copies something to the server, and then deletes it, that should wake it up, and then, in the script/batch file, start calibre

br
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Here is the official FAQ entry on network installations.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
dmck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@dmck perhaps you could write a script/batch file that copies something to the server, and then deletes it, that should wake it up, and then, in the script/batch file, start calibre

br
Hey, thanks! I think I'll give that a go.

I've read the faq on using a networked drive and I'm not worrried. I don't share the database and I make regular backups, so data loss isn't an issue.
Advert
Old 09-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm curious about something; is it just the drive spinning down or does the server itself go to sleep?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
dmck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm curious about something; is it just the drive spinning down or does the server itself go to sleep?
It's just the drive that has spun down. I have tried sleeping the server, but have encountered other issues (unrelated to Calibre) that I can't resolve at this time.