Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #31
navshw
navshw began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Error with plugin

I downloaded calibre-0.9.28 and ran installer. it seems to have run successfully and then re-opened caliber.. since then
1/ Add2Calibre by dragging to directory does not work
2/ Got message saying 1 plugin update.,, while updating received below error
==============================================
calibre, version 0.9.26
ERROR: Plug-in installation failed: A problem occurred while installing this plug-in. This plug-in will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message from the details below into the forum thread for this plug-in and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 735, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 406, in check_for_add_to_toolbars
File "site.py", line 66, in load_module
ZipImportError: can't find module calibre.gui2.preferences.toolbar
==============================================

Any help appreciated....
navshw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #32
navshw
navshw began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
working now

Just restarted calibre and working now...
navshw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #33
thenameless
thenameless began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, I've been a great fan of thie plugin, as I find FF to be a great source of well formatted metadata.
However, I've had a few problems. Namely, that some authors that were previously listed on FF are gone (and the ff links in Calibre go dead).

After a while, I finally figured out what was going on: some authors were being moved to ff adults only. It's the same people, but they decided to separate things (which I can understand).

My only problem now is that your plugin only scrapes the main FF site. I figure that if you already have the book in Calibre, you already know what the book is about

Can you add the ability to search that site as well?
thenameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:28 AM   #34
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@thenameless - it would require a completely new metadata plugin. I will take a look to see how hard it is - if their website html is the same then it wouldn't be very difficult.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #35
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.1.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for change to FF website where not picking up publisher/isbn correctly

@thenameless - I created a new plugin called "Fantastic Fiction Adults" for their spinoff website. The thread for it is here.
Advert
Old 07-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #36
thenameless
thenameless began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wow, thank you so much!
thenameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #37
BNGA
BNGA began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I Keep Getting This Error

Please help me out here, this plugin used to work great and now I can't get it working. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

calibre, version 0.9.44
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click Show Details.

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Kaye Morgan'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Sinister Sudoku'}
Using plugins: Fantastic Fiction, Fantastic Fiction Adults
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Fantastic Fiction ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20110814 Firefox/6.0')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from Fantastic Fiction took 0.620000123978
Querying ISBN: http://script.fantasticfiction.co.uk/ff-v3.php
Querying: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/db...e1abc2d543d0dc
Failed to make identify query
File "calibre_plugins.fantastic_fiction.__init__", line 279, in identify
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 255, in _mech_open
httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

************************************************** ******************************

****************************** Fantastic Fiction Adults ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from Fantastic Fiction Adults took 0.560000181198
Querying ISBN: http://script.ffadultsonly.com/ff-v3.php
Querying: http://search.ffadultsonly.com/db-se...e31cd127ad2c92
Failed to make identify query
File "calibre_plugins.fantastic_fiction_adults.__init__ ", line 271, in identify
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 255, in _mech_open
httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 0.83 seconds
The longest time (0.620000) was taken by: Fantastic Fiction
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
BNGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:31 AM   #38
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.1.4 Released

Changes in this version:
  • Fix for changes to FF website
Old 08-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #39
BNGA
BNGA began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
You ARE awesome, thank you for the update, it totally fixed my problem

Very Very Very Happy

Bridget I.
BNGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #40
Ginnia
Connoisseur
Ginnia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
[Metadata Source] Fantastic Fiction

Fantastic Fiction plugin seems to have stopped working.. anyone else having problems with this? I'm on 1.28 of Calibre and 1.04 Fantastic Fiction plugin is installed.
Ginnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:12 PM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta for calibre change to Qt5

FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fantastic Fiction-qt5.zip (17.5 KB, 496 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:01 PM   #42
Sidetrack
Enthusiast
Sidetrack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Was there some kind of change to the Fantastic fiction site? the plugin doesn't seem to be getting any matches all of the sudden.
Sidetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:43 PM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is working here. Have you updated to latest version? If so, check that is enabled and then post a log from the download metadata.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #44
Sidetrack
Enthusiast
Sidetrack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Very definitely not getting matches, even for previously matched books, but it could be a local internet problem. Pacific isles can be that way. Latest calibre version and latest plugin version (per the updater)

Searching Harry Harrison, The Repairman. Previously found at ff:h/harry-harrison/repairman. no results (same as with a large number, but not all, books)

calibre, version 2.1.0
ERROR: Download failed: Failed to download metadata or covers for any of the 1 book(s).

The Repairman (Failed metadata)
Sidetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

OK, it's not working now. I have no idea why I thought it was working yesterday unless they were still rolling out changes to the site.

I can see the changes that have been made. It will probably be a day or so before I get a chance to do them.