Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #211
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by last1left91 View Post
THANKS A LOT!! SORRY FOR NOT BEING PATIENT ENOUGH!!
Can you please stop screaming!
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #212
CharlieSummers
CharlieSummers began at the beginning.

Device: FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Can you please stop screaming!
Hey, leave him be. He's excited about EPubMetadataEdit. ;)

Question to BenChen - Can EPubMetadataEdit be used to return the metadata of a single epub to a command-line program? I need to automate the creation of storage folders based on that information, and am wondering if I can capture it (either entirely or specific fields) by running EPubMetadataEdit.

(And no, I am NOT asking you to include such functionality, only asking if it currently exists. You have enough to do maintaining the thing.)
CharlieSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:42 PM   #213
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieSummers View Post
Can EPubMetadataEdit be used to return the metadata of a single epub to a command-line program? I need to automate the creation of storage folders based on that information, and am wondering if I can capture it (either entirely or specific fields) by running EPubMetadataEdit.
Hi Charlie,

Yes, it can. In the program's folder you will find the commandline version: EPubMetadataConsole.exe. Just run it in a CMD window for the usage instructions.

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:54 PM   #214
CharlieSummers
CharlieSummers began at the beginning.

Device: FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Yes, it can.
You have become, yet again, my hero! Will let you know how my roll-your-own goes.
CharlieSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:29 AM   #215
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

New version: 1.6.3

Hi there,

Latest Update: The current version is 1.6.3
Recent Changes:
  • Fix: Rename batch operation now handles uppercase fields.
  • Fix: Handle file renaming when old and new filenames differ only in case.
  • New batch operation: Find and Replace in fields.
  • New: Replace field batch operation now includes field tokens, allowing for more complicated replacements.

The most useful fields are %CurrentContents%, %CURRENTCONTENTS%, %currentcontents%, %CurrentContentsTitleCase% (all words except for small words [defined by clicking the "Edit" link adjacent to Title] are capitalised) and %CurrentContentsTitleCaseAll% (all words are capitalised) which can be used to apply various cases to fields. However, the content of some other fields can also be used. For example, to make book titles that are part of a series sort together and in the correct sequence, check the Title box and put

%Series% - %SeriesIndex%. %CurrentContents%

in the replacement text area. (Alternatively, instead of %Series% you could put an appropriate abbreviation. For example,

HP%SeriesIndex%. %CurrentContents%

for the Harry Potter series.)
    WARNING: Using these field tokens could seriously alter your metadata. Use at own risk!
Old 03-18-2018, 04:41 AM   #216
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.6.7

Hi everyone,

Looks like I forgot to update this site for a while, so here's the changelog from the last four updates:

• Fix: Manage folders ending with spaces during rename operations.

• Bug fix: manage folders beginning with spaces during rename operations.
  • You can now choose which cover fixes to apply during batch operations.

• Better handle errors encountered in cleaning OPF file.
  • Fix for handling calibre:title_sort field.

• Fix for update search failing.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:50 AM   #217
zyppo
zyppo began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy tab S2
Screen size

Hello

I have a problem with the window size, it can open full screen size.
The batch section dont display correctly.
I had this problem also with older versions.

I'm running windows7 64bit.
I try every screen resolution possible.
The highest 1920 X 1080.
Change the monitor, nothing works

After research i could not find anybody with this problem.

Thanks for any solution
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.png
Views:	390
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	163763  
zyppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:56 PM   #218
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyppo View Post
Hello

I have a problem with the window size, it can open full screen size.
The batch section dont display correctly.
I had this problem also with older versions.

I'm running windows7 64bit.
I try every screen resolution possible.
The highest 1920 X 1080.
Change the monitor, nothing works

After research i could not find anybody with this problem.

Thanks for any solution

Hi Zippo,

I am aware that this happens, but I have not been able to find a solution. Sorry!

If anyone out there knows what the cause of this is, and how to fix it, I will gladly attempt a fix.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:19 PM   #219
zyppo

Hi Ben
I try maximise the window under the shortcut properties.
The window go full screen but the element stay pack together.

In the following site they say that if the window have higher resolution than the screen,
the result it's what i am having.

https://www.codeproject.com/Question...een-resolution

Hoping for a solution
Old 05-17-2018, 09:17 PM   #220
zyppo

I found the reason for the strange windows.
In personnalisation of the windows screen you have 3 choices for the size of
text and icons 100%, 125% and 150%.
The 100% setting is the one to chose, my setting was 150% and the cause of the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.png
Views:	332
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	164029  
Old 05-19-2018, 01:25 AM   #221
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.6.8

Hi everyone,

I've had this update sitting on my computer for ages, but I was waiting to hear if the bugs in zipstorer would be fixed. My guess is, not any time soon. So please be aware that some file dates are not handled correctly. However, in my experience it hardly ever comes up, just with dates in January 1970!

Latest Update: The current version is 1.6.8
Recent Changes:
  • Updated zipstorer.vb to 3.3.0.
  • Better handle errors during saving process. The program now generates a sensible error message if zip creation fails and ensures that the original file does not get corrupted or deleted. (However, saving is noticeably slower as a consequence of creating a temp file, deleting the original file, copying the temp file to original filename, and then deleting the temp file.)
  • No need to create temp file when viewing unchanged EPUB in external viewer.
  • Give sensible error message if zip creation fails when viewing changed EPUB in external viewer.
  • You can now view htm files using the "View file..." button.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:48 AM   #222
Togijak
Enthusiast
Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Hi everyone,
Latest Update: The current version is 1.6.8

Sincerely,
Ben.
I created a PAF portable from this version and would like to share it

EPUBMetadataEditorPortable_1.6.8.0_English.paf.exe
Togijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:53 AM   #223
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togijak View Post
I created a PAF portable from this version and would like to share it

EPUBMetadataEditorPortable_1.6.8.0_English.paf.exe
I think the license allows for that: "This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version."
Old 06-15-2018, 07:58 PM   #224
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.6.9

Latest Update: The current version is 1.6.9
Recent Changes:
  • Handle fields with line breaks in them (by removing the line breaks)
  • Handle opf files with (unnecessary) "<cd:creator />" items (by deleting them)
Old 06-20-2018, 12:57 PM   #225
pandorax
pandorax began at the beginning.

Device: none
BenChen

A few days ago I found your program in GitHub.
Now that I found you here, I register to tell you: your program is a life savior!!
I am very thankful for your time and effort. I seriously think your constant work in the project is admirable.
pandorax is offline   Reply With Quote