Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-novice View Post
Oh nothing complexed, just Export As> Epub 3.0 > Split at: Heading.

When we first encounter the issue, we took the epub doc to Calibre and it opened okay there. But we did a convert from epub to epub in Calibre anyway and took it back to Sigil but it was the same. Then we asked you guys for help.
If you do a calibre epub to epub conversion on an epub3, I don't believe you'll still have an epub3 when you're done. I could be wrong though.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #17
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-novice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Would you mind dreadfully sharing how that ePUB was made?
Oh nothing complexed, just Export As> Epub 3.0 > Split at: Heading.
The new LibreOffice epub3 output filter has some severe limitations. For details see my LilbreOffice 6.0 epub2/epub3 output test thread.

You'll most likely get better results if you save your LibreOffice file as a .docx file and convert it with Calibre to an .epub file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
If you do a calibre epub to epub conversion on an epub3, I don't believe you'll still have an epub3 when you're done. I could be wrong though.
Users will have to explicitly select Upgrade book internals in Polish books or Calibre Editor to generate an epub3 book with Calibre.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #18
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Users will have to explicitly select Upgrade book internals in Polish books or Calibre Editor to generate an epub3 book with Calibre.
oh boy, and we did none of those things. It's a very good thing we are not looking to be 'published' or any such thing.

I don't think we even consider the 'finer points' of epub conversion and or the best use of Sigil.

We are just putting together a few chapters about non-drug remedies we knew work for our ails, ills and pains when we were kids. We got to about chapter 3 and thought to see how things would look so far. And the outcome you guys have seen.

We've started over and so far so good.

Thanks again to all of you for chiming in.
C-novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Thanks. I didn't know how far Calibre might have gone toward EPUB3 compatibility (especially RE conversions) in recent versions and didn't want to misspeak.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:01 PM   #20
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
@C-novice said:
"slowsmile, what was the problem? how come our toc.ncx was different from yours and what of the manifest code? What do they tell?"

To be honest, I don't know why my result using eLAIX should be different from yours wrt to the toc.ncx. I have LibreOffice 6 installed on my computer. eLAIX only runs on LO up to version 4. So I had to test eLAIX on OpenOffice instead. That might have something to do with it.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:36 AM   #21
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
The new LibreOffice epub3 output filter has some severe limitations. For details see my LilbreOffice 6.0 epub2/epub3 output test thread.

You'll most likely get better results if you save your LibreOffice file as a .docx file and convert it with Calibre to an .epub file.
Or, if you are intending to polish the epub in Sigil anyway, why not just save the LibreOffice file as an .odt file and then import it to Sigil with your ODTimport plugin? I do this all the time for epub2. (And thank you again for that plugin!) I've not tried it for epub3, so I don't know how good the conversion is in that case. I notice you say there've been improvements in the epub3 conversion, in the latest writer2LaTex.jar beta (ver 1.6 beta). So maybe it left something to be desired, previously.

And even if you don't plan to edit in Sigil, you could still do the (saved) .odt -> epub conversion with one command from the command line using Writer2LaTex.jar stand-alone. All the above assuming you have java installed, of course.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote