Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #1
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Neoreader Annotations in PDF - Permanent?

Hello to all, is there any way to make the annotations in PDF´s done in Neoreader permanent?... I want to see the annotations in any reader, not only in Neoreader, if I click save is only for Neoreader and is not saved in the PDF...
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:00 PM   #2
MadAstra
Enthusiast
MadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Oasis, Onyx Boox Note
I'm able to see all the annotation I make on a variety of PDF readers, such as PDF Expert for OS X and iOS. I then flatten the file (there's a command for that) or print to a PDF printer, and the resulting file can be read in any reader with annotations intact.
MadAstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:18 PM   #3
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAstra View Post
I'm able to see all the annotation I make on a variety of PDF readers, such as PDF Expert for OS X and iOS. I then flatten the file (there's a command for that) or print to a PDF printer, and the resulting file can be read in any reader with annotations intact.
In the Neoreader 2.0 that comes with the Boox Note is not possible to see the annotations in other PDF readers and there is no option to flatten the file.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:35 PM   #4
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by citytrader View Post
In the Neoreader 2.0 that comes with the Boox Note is not possible to see the annotations in other PDF readers and there is no option to flatten the file.
It seems to say on p39 of the Note's manual that the export of a new PDF including scribbles is able to be exported, here's a snip from my laptop's screen. I may be wrong though....
This is p39 of the manual,

Last edited by charliebub; 08-04-2018 at 12:50 PM.
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Hello to all, is there any way to make the annotations in PDF´s done in Neoreader permanent?... I want to see the annotations in any reader, not only in Neoreader, if I click save is only for Neoreader and is not saved in the PDF...
I think the 'export' option makes a new 'flattened' file with all additions included - even seems to have an option for brush-stroke colours... See p39 of user manual.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:00 PM   #6
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
See posts #8 to #11 in the following thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=296167

Gimble shows that annotated PDFs can indeed be exported as a PDF with the annotations intact.

On my computer, I have no difficulty viewing the original and the annotated PDFs which gimble uploaded in post #11.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #7
MadAstra
Enthusiast
MadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Oasis, Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
See posts #8 to #11 in the following thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=296167

Gimble shows that annotated PDFs can indeed be exported as a PDF with the annotations intact.

On my computer, I have no difficulty viewing the original and the annotated PDFs which gimble uploaded in post #11.
The exported file seems to be readable by some PDF readers, not all. The OS X built-in Preview reader, for example, can't see the annotations. But I just open the file in PDF Expert, which shows the annotations, and then print to a new PDF, and then it's readable in everything.
MadAstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:12 PM   #8
citytrader
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebub View Post
It seems to say on p39 of the Note's manual that the export of a new PDF including scribbles is able to be exported, here's a snip from my laptop's screen. I may be wrong though....
This is p39 of the manual,
Thanks, with the export option worked fine!!
Old 05-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #9
charliebub
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks, with the export option worked fine!!
Aha! Good news, glad it worked OK for you.

John B.