Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I paid $80 for my Volt. Well worth it. I've use that thing almost every day. It will probably need a new battery soon.

My Moto Es will be used as phones. Hubby is super excited he has a LG Optimus Dynamic with Gingerbread and 128MB of space. It's a huge upgrade for him.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:20 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I paid $80 for my Volt. Well worth it. I've use that thing almost every day. It will probably need a new battery soon.

My Moto Es will be used as phones. Hubby is super excited he has a LG Optimus Dynamic with Gingerbread and 128MB of space. It's a huge upgrade for him.
That's quite a jump, Gingerbread to Lollipop and 128MB to 1GB.

BTW, the Moto E ships with Lollipop (5.0.2) and will NOT be upgraded to Marshmallow (6.0).
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2015, 08:58 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I read not to update to 5.1 till after you change the apn settings if you are using it as phone with another provider.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:30 PM   #19
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I just got my Moto E in the mail from Best Buy!

ETA: First thoughts:
  • The packaging is ridiculously wasteful. Who needs all this plastic and an oversized box?
  • I had a hard time getting the extra blue grip on the phone, and then when I did, I couldn't charge it with the grip on--there's a hole for the USB port, but the grip is thick enough that the charger can't plug in securely through that space. How dumb.
  • It's slightly larger than the 1st gen Moto E, with new wallpapers. Otherwise it looks about the same, very nice display.
  • Every time you turn it on, it wants to activate, and doesn't seem to stop trying to do so. This could easily drive me bonkers, so I hope someone knows how to disable that process.
  • It has a smidge under 5gb of available internal memory.

Last edited by Catlady; 11-29-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
wow, Sunday delivery!

Mine should be delivered tomorrow.

Last edited by booklover6; 11-29-2015 at 05:51 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2015, 05:56 PM   #21
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
wow, Sunday delivery!

Mine should be delivered tomorrow.
Yeah, I was surprised; mine was scheduled for tomorrow too, but I guess the PO here has started its Sunday holiday deliveries.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:07 PM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Every time you turn it on, it wants to activate, and doesn't seem to stop trying to do so. This could easily drive me bonkers, so I hope someone knows how to disable that process.
Put it in airplane mode for now.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:15 PM   #23
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Put it in airplane mode for now.
Aha. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #24
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine is here. I am attempting to set the apn. Trying to get a tracfone card to work in it. I changed the settings but not working....

Shipped with 5.1, so far I haven't succeeded to get it off the CDMA network.

Last edited by booklover6; 11-30-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:07 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Did you read the entire thread you posted? Do not start up the phone with Verizon sim in it if you do a factory reset will be in order. You will need to follow the instructions for 5.1 in that thread. I suggest reading it all as it's a bit vague but others members posts help where the tutorial fails.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-30-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:53 PM   #26
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks, Blossom, I factory reset with the tracfone card installed, and now it's working! So much better than the Windows phone.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Awesome! Happy you got it working.

For any one else scratching their heads #519 in that thread looks like a way to avoid alot of the PC steps.

You can also check out #634 for a script to auto the process if you do the PC method.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-30-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #28
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

This phone is SO nice. I might even like it better than my Fire Phone LOL
Old 11-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Awesome! Happy you got it working.

For any one else scratching their heads #519 in that thread looks like a way to avoid alot of the PC steps.

You can also check out #634 for a script to auto the process if you do the PC method.
Which thread? Let me know and I'll put these two posts in the OP for future reference.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:13 PM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I have no phones yet. Package is sitting in Fresno.