Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
Question Adding Books RegExp date/year)

Im having a hard time getting the regular expressions right for Adding Books> Configure metadate from file name

Im basically trying to get this to work
Code:
(?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<title>.+) [(?P<published>)]

Sample for an input file would be:

AuthorsName - TitleBook [yearNumber].epub

another:
Bill Gates - Using Windows 10 [2015].epub

yearnumber being a 4 digit field.

** please take note that the year is between two square brackets.
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Your "published" capture group is empty.

You want:
Code:
(?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<title>.+) [(?P<published>[0-9]+)]
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

When I do that i get this error message.

Quote:
calibre, version 2.42.0
ERROR: Invalid regular expression: Invalid regular expression: unbalanced parenthesis
* * * * 8 *
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Your "published" capture group is empty.

You want:
Code:
(?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<title>.+) [(?P<published>[0-9]+)]
Old 11-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is because I took a look at one error you made, and completely forgot to fix (or indeed notice) the other one. I assumed the only error was the "it doesn't find the date" one, didn't even notice there was a formatting error as well.
Since I am presenting myself as a help guru, that is rather embarrassing.

You need to escape the brackets surrounding the date, or else it tries to read that as another character set.
Code:
(?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<title>.+) \[(?P<published>[0-9]+)\]

EDIT: In case you are interested, "unbalanced parentheses" -- the parser is dumb enough that it took a look at the character set:
Code:
(?P<published>[0-9
then saw
Code:
+)]
with no opening parenthesis anywhere in sight.

Last edited by eschwartz; 11-07-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #5
anonymust
Book Reader

Thanks Guru

I was almost close to figuring out the bracket thing myself... but I went with Quotation marks:
Quote:
"
and apostrophes':
Quote:
'
But now I see its the backslash
Advert
Old 11-08-2015, 05:07 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

You're welcome.

In case you're interested, a general guide to Regular Expressions: http://www.regular-expressions.info
The same website that taught me everything I know about them. Very helpful walkthroughs.

Tags
adding books tags, published date, year