Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2014, 03:44 AM   #1
wangxiaoliang
wangxiaoliang began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Buy a new Kobo glo cannot connect notebook computer

:伊克::伊克:Some people know what is going on? Please help me.connect my laptop computer with USB pop-up "before using the drive H: disc format" this is what the situation? Not even my notebook computer.
wangxiaoliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:18 AM   #2
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
It sounds like you are using a PC from that syntax ... (drive H:). Could you tell us a bit more about what operating system version you are using?

Have you set up the Kobo or is this your first attempt to set up the Kobo?

Last edited by Jellby; 06-19-2014 at 04:02 AM. Reason: remove smiley
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW,KOBO H2O
This?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=227463
Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I had the same thing happen when I got a new kobo aura. I ended up taking it back to the store and exchanging for another one. Then it connected like it was supposed to. The first one must have been defective.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #5
wangxiaoliang
wangxiaoliang began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
windows7 64bit
wangxiaoliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2014, 01:49 AM   #6
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I could be wrong, but if not mistaken, there are no proper 64 bit drivers for it, only 32 bit...
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I have a Kobo Glo with Windows 7 64 bit and the reader connects just fine. I am using an older firmware though, but I doubt that would make any difference in the OS seeing the reader or not.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I could be wrong, but if not mistaken, there are no proper 64 bit drivers for it, only 32 bit...
My laptop with Win7 x64 has no issues with connecting with my Kobo.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangxiaoliang View Post
:伊克::伊克:Some people know what is going on? Please help me.connect my laptop computer with USB pop-up "before using the drive H: disc format" this is what the situation? Not even my notebook computer.
Have you tried using a different USB cable? There have been several times when that has cured a communication issue.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #10
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
Another thought:

It seems that the computer can see the kobo, but is having trouble mounting and reading its file system based on the error message you've got.

Smartie pointed out that some of the previous updates were causing this disk mount problem as other users noticed.

You should be able to setup the Kobo over a wifi network without the computer. Usually during setup, it will download the latest update to the ereader and proceed to install it. It almost certainly doesn't have the latest updates in it out of the box. You could then try connecting it to your computer, and see if the disk mount problem's solved.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #11
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Well, once again, it has been confirmed I was right... about possibly being wrong. ;-{>
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote