Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-30-2021, 12:00 PM   #1
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
E-reader with replaceable battery

Hi,

Today I noticed that my 5 year old Kobo Aura ONE seems to drop about 10% battery life in 45-50 minutes when the light is at 15-20%. That means it can only hold a charge for about 8.5 hours. That is rather short for an e-reader.

The reason I'm using an e-reader and not an iPad is because in public transport, the light is too bright and there's too much glare to make a tablet usable. (I tried.) So I still prefer an e-reader, because reading during commutes is the major part of my reading time.

With a battery life of only 8-9 hours, that means I'd need to recharge the reader each 3-4 days.

I've found a video or two where the Aura ONE is shown with the back taken off, so it seems that it can be opened up. (I don't care if I'd lose waterproofing; I don't care about that function.)

So there are two questions

1. Has anybody on MobileRead ever replaced a Kobo Aura ONE battery?

2. If I'd go and look into a new device: are there any _current_ e-readers which can have their battery replaced easily?
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote