Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 03-01-2024, 12:39 PM   #1
Lacyt1951
Lacyt1951 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC (2024)
Kindle for PC V 2.7 - BOOK COVERS issue

Downloaded this yesterday so I can read books on a Windows 10 Pro laptop/tablet I was given. (Don’t want to spend money on a Kindle reader when I don’t have to - :} )

Issue: 485 of the books I have I got free from Project Gutenberg which I downloaded as .mobi files because it was my understanding that’s what K4PC can read WITH covers displayed on my Library’s Home page. NOT. I get gray generic icons instead. So I converted all those books via Calibre to epub and included .jpg and/or .png covers. Am waiting on Calibre to finish converting them, which will probably take all day, so if this doesn't work, need some help to maybe fix it to be what I want because now I’m reading that K4PC CANNOT read subfolders, yet that’s the only way epub conversions are compiled.

What’s the deal?

Thank you.

Last edited by Lacyt1951; 03-01-2024 at 12:41 PM.
Lacyt1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 09:25 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Use a 3rd party ereader app on Windows, not K4PC. It's only for KU and maybe bought Kindle ebooks.

I convert epub to epub in Calibre to fix punctuation, paragraph spacing and remove line-height.

Only use Kindle format for an eink Kindle, and then azw3 is best except for 4 old models that need mobi. Don't use Send To Kindle of a Gutenberg file either as they have a strange concept of formatting. Either convert the converted epub in Calibre or send the converted epub to Amazon STK.

Calibre Viewer good for Win10, also there are others, maybe Thorium.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert