Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 09-21-2008, 02:53 AM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Impserv - im a dunce cannt see content on HD

Im a dunce, sorry and thank you for all the help

Ive installed impserv and get it started just fine.

Only problem is my 1150 goes directly to the bookwise online book shelf and bypasses the hard drive shelf.

this is the command im using to start impserv (note i am on a winxp machine, and im using a batch file to start it up.)

impserve.exe -a 127.0.0.1 -p 9090 shelf

Ive tried putting some books in both the shelf and content directories, but they are just bypassed and the 1150 goes online to the internet.

Help..

Larry
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:11 AM   #2
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok I really AM a dunce sigh.

Ive gotten this park worked out !

Found the information in the beta posting about how to configure the 1150 so it sees things properly.

Any chance of having these instructions edited into the the first posting of the Impserv sticky? I will help a lot of people i would think and save some agravation ( I had almost given up on using impserv, glad I didnt )

So far im loving impserv for the conversions and the fact i can organize the books into directorys to keep them organized etc !

OOH for those that cannt get it running like I couldnt, here is what you have to do:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
1. Before doing anything else, turn on your 1150 and open Settings. Go to the Phone Connection page.
2. At the bottom of the page, click "Use HTTP proxy". In the input area directly below type in 127.0.0.1.
3. Next, click "Use proxy for USB". In the input area directly below type in 9090.

Once you've done the above, all you need to do is follow the link to the current thread on this topic.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28363
Advert
Old 09-21-2008, 06:08 AM   #3
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
askyn: Thanks, corrected. You can also double click on the EXE (no need to go to the command prompt) and it will work as-is. The upcoming 0.7 release will have the option to run it as a windows service.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #4
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
In case you haven't noticed, 0.7 has been released.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:58 AM   #5
askyn
Addict

Thank you for all the help /bow

My pc went and crashed on me shortly after I read your last post ( which is why i havent posted again since my last message ROFL )

( note: totally unrelated to your post that my pc crashed, im SURE it likes your responses as much as i have !! )

I just got it back up and all the base software installed so ill have a clean pc to try the new version of impserv etc =)

cross fingers that ive learned well and all goes well .. and thank you again.
Advert