Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #601
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's been there since the new change. I'm not sure why it is needed either.
I'm pretty sure it hasn't been there at my library since the change. I don't think I could have missed it considering its annoyance but who knows. I bookmark a lot of books! Today was the first time I noticed it.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #602
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
There is no filter, but you can tell if an item is available by looking at the upper right hand corner. If the little book icon is gray, the book is not available. If it is black, it is available.

In the image below, the book on the left is not available to borrow, but the book on the right is available.

For me, that's hard to see at a quick glance scrolling down the page. Maybe if they made the little book icons larger, or in contrasting colors rather than just black and gray, it would be easier to see.

I had also recently noticed the popups when adding items to the wishlist. It seems unnecessary, but it doesn't bother me a lot.

For me, the biggest problem with the new design remains not being able to see information while browsing and having to click on each book, only to find out it's one I already read or previously ruled out.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #603
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
For me, that's hard to see at a quick glance scrolling down the page. Maybe if they made the little book icons larger, or in contrasting colors rather than just black and gray, it would be easier to see..
I absolutely agree. I never would have noticed it either had someone not explained it in a different post. Red or green would have been much easier to see.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #604
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It be great if it showed you have hold on a title. I have many times try to put a hold on a book that was already on my hold list.
I agree, that would be a nice feature, though the way they seem to implement new features, it may be yet another graphic covering up the little bit of title info left for us to see.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #605
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
There is no filter, but you can tell if an item is available by looking at the upper right hand corner. If the little book icon is gray, the book is not available. If it is black, it is available.

In the image below, the book on the left is not available to borrow, but the book on the right is available.

Why thank you so so much. I must only look at the cover art.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 AM   #606
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Why thank you so so much. I must only look at the cover art.
Also the little icon shows headphones if if is an audiobook. That's one way to quickly distinguish formats.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #607
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Also the little icon shows headphones if if is an audiobook. That's one way to quickly distinguish formats.
Thank you Bookworm Girl.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #608
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^Shows how unintuitive the redesign is, are you listening, Overdrive?!

I, too, only found out about this because somone mentioned it on this forum. They want users to view their youtube video in order to learn how to use the redesigned sites.... When have you ever needed an instructional video for, say, amazon.com?
Old 02-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #609
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I still loathe the new design and much prefer the previous one simply for function, speed and layout. Whoever made the decision to waste space (and increase refresh times) with ridiculously over-sized thumbnails should be fired.

And another MAJOR gripe -- there is no longer a mobile version when accessing on a smaller device, i.e. smartphone. Navigating huge thumbnails (as opposed to text) on a phone's display is ridiculous.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #610
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I still loathe the new design and much prefer the previous one simply for function, speed and layout. Whoever made the decision to waste space (and increase refresh times) with ridiculously over-sized thumbnails should be fired.

And another MAJOR gripe -- there is no longer a mobile version when accessing on a smaller device, i.e. smartphone. Navigating huge thumbnails (as opposed to text) on a phone's display is ridiculous.
Agreed, it sucks big time on a phone, but also on 10 and 11 inch tablets in portrait mode.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #611
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Agreed, it sucks big time on a phone, but also on 10 and 11 inch tablets in portrait mode.
+1. I'm also using 7, 10 and 11 inch tablets and OD in portrait mode absolutely stinks! :thumbdown:
Old 02-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #612
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
So far I'm still getting the original mobile version when browsing on my Sony reader. I dread the day it changes.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #613
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
So far I'm still getting the original mobile version when browsing on my Sony reader. I dread the day it changes.
I get the new version on my Sony reader. It's not very fun scrolling through those large icons on an e-ink browser.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #614
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Unfortunately, the change has gradually spread to all the libraries I frequent. There is only one left that displays the older UI and I suspect it will change in the near future.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #615
xendula
eBookworm

Faifax redirects to the new, redesigned version on all devices, while my other libraries still have the mobile version that I can access via the URLs I had saved on my iPad, and those same libraries redirect to the new site from within the Overdrive app.

Mike@Overdrive already said that they are taking away the mobile site from us patrons - it does not seem up for debate - cause, why listen to your users...