Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Geir
Geir began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Missing Preferences button (OS X)

Hello, I bought a Kindle and I want to use Calibre. I have to convert books from epub to Kindle format. I read Norwegian books and they are epub format.
My problem:
I have installed Calibre but I can not find the preferences button and I need this to install the plugins..?
I have no help button...
I use mac.
Can anyone help me with this?

Geir

Last edited by GRiker; 08-13-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Cmd-P will bring up preferences on the Mac. If you widen your calibre window, you should see the Preferences icon (gears). Or you can click the >> arrows at the upper right edge of the window.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Did you manage to remove it from the toolbar(s)?
cmd-P to get to it (preferences), then Look and Feel to put it back (remeber Connected and Disconnected are different menus)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
loximuthal
Connoisseur
loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: NST, Kindle Fire, iPad2
I use Command-, (comma) to bring up the preferences.

<edit>I'm on Mac OS X, btw.</edit>

Last edited by loximuthal; 08-14-2012 at 07:41 AM.
loximuthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you manage to remove it from the toolbar(s)?
Interestingly enough this is an item you just can't remove, at least in the Windows version. If you remove it from the main icon toolbar it automatically pops up in the Menubar. No matter how you work it Preferences should be always be viewable (unless it is off the screen.)
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Interestingly enough this is an item you just can't remove, at least in the Windows version. If you remove it from the main icon toolbar it automatically pops up in the Menubar. No matter how you work it Preferences should be always be viewable (unless it is off the screen.)
That make sense. I have mine on the Menubar (text only) on both Win and Linux
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote