Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-20-2021, 11:46 PM   #31
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
What @Georgelemental is saying is, for example, you click the right side and the input is on the left side. I'm pretty sure that means inverted but I don't know
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:48 PM   #32
Georgelemental
Georgelemental began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
What @Georgelemental is saying is, for example, you click the right side and the input is on the left side. I'm pretty sure that means inverted but I don't know
Yeah, that's what I mean.
Georgelemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2021, 12:07 AM   #33
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgelemental View Post
Yeah, that's what I mean.
Thanks @elektron and @Georgelemental
Is the input inverted both vertically AND horizontally? Or is it just horizontal?

EDIT: could you please provide a picture of your H2O running KoBox (normal portrait)? That could help me in some ways.
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:35 AM   #34
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's inverted only vertically from what I can gather.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:14 AM   #35
bobpatton77
bobpatton77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
ooo, this looks awesome. anybody tried on a Clara HD? if not, then its loading on mine right now so I might be the first
bobpatton77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2021, 07:49 AM   #36
bobpatton77
bobpatton77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpatton77 View Post
ooo, this looks awesome. anybody tried on a Clara HD? if not, then its loading on mine right now so I might be the first
hmmm yeah touch seems to be weird. How would I open a ssh session within kobox?
bobpatton77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:43 AM   #37
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpatton77 View Post
hmmm yeah touch seems to be weird. How would I open a ssh session within kobox?
Just SSH your Kobo’s IP, it should work.
If you didn't install NiLuJe's stuff, telnet instead.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:08 PM   #38
Georgelemental
Georgelemental began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMa View Post
Thanks @elektron and @Georgelemental
Is the input inverted both vertically AND horizontally? Or is it just horizontal?

EDIT: could you please provide a picture of your H2O running KoBox (normal portrait)? That could help me in some ways.
Only across the vertical axis (touching the left side of the screen presses buttons on the right side, and vice versa).

Click image for larger version

Name:	3264-1836-max.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	184853
Georgelemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:01 PM   #39
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgelemental View Post
Only across the vertical axis (touching the left side of the screen presses buttons on the right side, and vice versa).

Attachment 184853
I'll look at the script and make the necessary modification. You should receive an update soon
Old 01-22-2021, 08:51 AM   #40
NiMa
Evangelist

@Georgelemental
Replace /mnt/onboard/.adds/kobox/kobox-boot.sh with this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# KoBox launcher
# Nicolas Mailloux, 2021.
#
# This mounts the main Alpine Linux image to /mnt/user and then bind-mounts /sys, /proc, etc. to the chroot's ones.

echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate

mkdir -p /mnt/user
mount /mnt/onboard/.adds/kobox/kobox.img /mnt/user
mount -v --bind /dev /mnt/user/dev
mount -v --bind /dev/pts /mnt/user/dev/pts
mount -vt proc proc /mnt/user/proc
mount -vt sysfs sysfs /mnt/user/sys
mount -vt tmpfs tmpfs /mnt/user/run
mount -vt tmpfs tmpfs /mnt/user/tmp
mkdir /mnt/user/dev/shm
mount -vt tmpfs tmpfs /mnt/user/dev/shm

# <---- DANGEROUS ---->
# This could be harmful to the /mnt/onboard partition! Don't do this unless you are sure of what you're doing!
# mount --bind /mnt/onboard /mnt/user/mnt
# <---- DANGEROUS ---->

# Copying network info so that we can access the Internet
cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/user/etc

# Killing Nickel/Fickel/etc.
export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS NICKEL_HOME WIFI_MODULE LANG WIFI_MODULE_PATH INTERFACE
sync
killall -TERM nickel hindenburg sickel fickel fmon 2>/dev/null

# Let's go!
chroot /mnt/user /bin/sh /kobox.sh
and make it executable (chmod +x)
Start it in normal rotation (don't force landscape or anything)

Last edited by NiMa; 01-22-2021 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:29 PM   #41
Elektron
Banned

Quote:
Code:
# <---- DANGEROUS ---->
# This could be harmful to the /mnt/onboard partition! Don't do this unless you are sure of what you're doing!
# <---- DANGEROUS ---->
Is this necessary? I'm not very good with Linux (more of a Windows guy) and I'd like not to break my e-reader by my own foolishness
Old 01-22-2021, 01:12 PM   #42
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Is this necessary? I'm not very good with Linux (more of a Windows guy) and I'd like not to break my e-reader by my own foolishness

Well, as you may know, lines starting with a # are not executed by the shell
Old 01-22-2021, 02:51 PM   #43
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I just sold my Glo HD for a Forma last week.....:smac k:
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:59 PM   #44
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
I just sold my Glo HD for a Forma last week.....:smac k:

You know, you'll have the joy of using a bigger screen with Xorg, if you install it...
Old 01-22-2021, 04:38 PM   #45
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
@Georgelemental
Replace /mnt/onboard/.adds/kobox/kobox-boot.sh with this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# KoBox launcher
# Nicolas Mailloux, 2021.
#
# This mounts the main Alpine Linux image to /mnt/user and then bind-mounts /sys, /proc, etc. to the chroot's ones.

echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate

mkdir -p /mnt/user
mount /mnt/onboard/.adds/kobox/kobox.img /mnt/user
mount -v --bind /dev /mnt/user/dev
mount -v --bind /dev/pts /mnt/user/dev/pts
mount -vt proc proc /mnt/user/proc
mount -vt sysfs sysfs /mnt/user/sys
mount -vt tmpfs tmpfs /mnt/user/run
mount -vt tmpfs tmpfs /mnt/user/tmp
mkdir /mnt/user/dev/shm
mount -vt tmpfs tmpfs /mnt/user/dev/shm

# <---- DANGEROUS ---->
# <---- DANGEROUS ---->

# Copying network info so that we can access the Internet
cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/user/etc

# Killing Nickel/Fickel/etc.
export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS NICKEL_HOME WIFI_MODULE LANG WIFI_MODULE_PATH INTERFACE
sync
killall -TERM nickel hindenburg sickel fickel fmon 2>/dev/null

# Let's go!
chroot /mnt/user /bin/sh /kobox.sh
and make it executable (chmod +x)
Start it in normal rotation (don't force landscape or anything)
You'll also have to replace the py file back to the original, it can be found here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=336210