Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Again, what will be our youthful perusal in May?
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle 4 44.44%
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2019, 08:01 AM   #31
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Woohoo! Thanks very much for the heads up, gmw! I snapped them both up.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:45 AM   #32
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I don't know whether you noticed, Kobo AU also have Good Omens on special (Pratchett & Gaiman) - have had for some days now. I probably should have thought to mention it on my previous post. It may or may not be your sort of thing, but I think it's great fun; the mix of the two works quite well but doesn't sound precisely like either of them.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2019, 06:27 PM   #33
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Thanks gmw - I do have that one as a paperback.

I tried to send you some karma, but it says I have to spread some around first. So please accept some virtual karma!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:45 PM   #34
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Thanks gmw - I do have that one as a paperback.

I tried to send you some karma, but it says I have to spread some around first. So please accept some virtual karma!
Yes, I already had that one in paperback too, but for $3 I decided to have the convenience of an ebook for my next re-read which must be coming up soon.

Thanks for the vk.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:07 PM   #35
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Wow! I’m excited to get a nomination through! It’s not the usual type of book that I read, but I really enjoyed his children’s book Coraline. I also enjoyed Neverwhere. I never would have read that book if it weren’t for the old MR book club selecting it.
Congratulations Bookworm_Girl I’m really forward to it too. It sounds very different and quite intriguing. It will be my first book by Gaiman, and I’ve been wanting to try him out. It’s interesting to read everyone’s take on him - he sounds hard to pin down, in a good way.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert