Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2021, 02:06 PM   #61
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Log from my brain:

11:44 - Rebooting!
11:45 - I see NickelMenu!
11:46 - NickelMenu not showing menu, will re-install.
11:46 - Downloading install package for KOReader, Plato, KFMon, NM
11:47 - yeah this download is slow...
11:48 - zzz...
11:49 - done!
11:51 - installing...
11:55 - installed!
11:56 - NickelMenu menu item not there, and I need to go for my lunch break ;p

Be back later!
Did you read that you'd have to put what's inside the kobox/ folder in the root of onboard storage?
i.e. You didn't uncompress the whole archive to your kobo onboard storage, did you?
You shouldn't need any other packages, NickelMenu + KFMon is already included with KoBox.

Quote:
Caution: This being a RC-1, it sure comes with a few caveats that I'd like to have had cleared off before uploading this to SourceForge on my 150KB/s upload connection That being said:
If you already uncompressed the archive in KOBOeReader, you're not lost. Really, you only have to uncompress whats inside the "kobox" folder in the archive.
At the end you shouldn't have any "kobox" folder in the root of your KOBOeReader partition. Just new icons and a new .adds folder (if you didn't install anything else before, like Plato or KOReader).
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:52 PM   #62
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMa View Post
Did you read that you'd have to put what's inside the kobox/ folder in the root of onboard storage?
i.e. You didn't uncompress the whole archive to your kobo onboard storage, did you?
You shouldn't need any other packages, NickelMenu + KFMon is already included with KoBox.
No, I did it correctly
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:57 PM   #63
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, I did it correctly
Does it work then?
Old 01-25-2021, 03:03 PM   #64
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMa View Post
Does it work then?
I did it correctly in the first place. I think the NM config file is missing. I'll look into it.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:06 PM   #65
Elektron
Banned

Apparently there is no KFMon watch or config file. I need to get to class now, will do this later
Old 01-25-2021, 04:25 PM   #66
Elektron
Banned

KoBox is not running. When I launch via kobox.png (a badly edited Kobo logo) then it says that kobox-init.sh has launched. Then it says:
Code:
[KFMon] PID 1140 exited unexpectedly: 127!
Perhaps @NiLuJe can shed some light on this? Or should I have placed the watch on kobox-boot.sh?
Old 01-25-2021, 04:29 PM   #67
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
KoBox is not running. When I launch via kobox.png (a badly edited Kobo logo) then it says that kobox-init.sh has launched. Then it says:
Code:
[KFMon] PID 1140 exited unexpectedly: 127!
Perhaps @NiLuJe can shed some light on this? Or should I have placed the watch on kobox-boot.sh?
Try running the script manually via SSH (kobox-init.sh) and post the output.
And restart your Kobo before, it will help clean up some things

EDIT: exit status 127 means that KFMon couldn't find the file. Maybe you set up the watch in the wrong directory?
2nd EDIT: hmm, no. If KFMon launched the script, then it couldn't find another file. The output will help a lot.

Last edited by NiMa; 01-25-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:55 PM   #68
Rnway
Rnway began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm using an Aura H20v2 as well, and your most recent posted boot.sh switch. No other changes from the install.

In confirm that my screen is oriented correctly (Vertically, with the apps and system menus against the "thin" top boarder, and the desktop switcher against the "thick" bottom bezel), but touch input is "rotated" 90 degrees. Tapping desktop switcher opens the calendar, and tapping the calendar opens the applications menu.
Rnway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:15 PM   #69
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnway View Post
I'm using an Aura H20v2 as well, and your most recent posted boot.sh switch. No other changes from the install.

In confirm that my screen is oriented correctly (Vertically, with the apps and system menus against the "thin" top boarder, and the desktop switcher against the "thick" bottom bezel), but touch input is "rotated" 90 degrees. Tapping desktop switcher opens the calendar, and tapping the calendar opens the applications menu.
This is a recurring problem, I'll see if I can make some changes soon.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:16 PM   #70
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@NiMa/@Elektron: If it's an early exit, check KFMon's log, it'll have possibly more relevant data.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:12 PM   #71
Elektron
Banned

@NiLuJe:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ad.png
Views:	136
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	184950  
Old 01-25-2021, 07:01 PM   #72
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You're missing an username there, which means OpenSSH is trying to use your *local* user as the *remote* username, and that is most definitely not a valid username on the kobo .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:05 PM   #73
Elektron
Banned

So then how do I fix it?
Edit: Nevermind I'm stupid...
Old 01-25-2021, 09:24 PM   #74
Elektron
Banned

Huuuuuh?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	failed.png
Views:	132
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	184951  
Old 01-25-2021, 09:43 PM   #75
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Huuuuuh?
Maybe a dumb question. When you followed the steps to
"Replace /mnt/onboard/.adds/kobox/kobox-boot.sh with this:" did you save the file with the correct line-ending character for linux?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote