Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-14-2008, 02:35 AM   #31
Paul in Saudi
Connoisseur
Paul in Saudi is on a distinguished road

Device: Amazon Kindle
OK, so I got a message. The new one will be at my US address on 25 April, just about a month after I ordered it.
Paul in Saudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:38 AM   #32
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hopefully you'll have better luck with this one
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2008, 06:42 AM   #33
francoduina
francoduina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Let us know

Paul, I hope you'll tell us the result of the repairing attempt. In the past I had similar problems with a few Palm PDA (yes, I dropped them from a Yugo...), and the problem was always the same: the multi wire tape feeding the display was disconnected, and the fix was easy. Disassembling and reassembling was a bit more difficult...
francoduina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:31 AM   #34
Paul in Saudi
Connoisseur

Well, I handed the Kindle off to my Electronic Shop, who stripped it down and reassembled it to no good effect.

Now I have to find someone flying over from the US to hand-carry the thing to me.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #35
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
maybe its just me, but I do not find the Kindle case "ugly". I think its beautiful.....Its sleek, easy to use, and the keyboard lets me type without hitting multiple keys...I guess its all in the eyes of the beholder..
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #36
huevos
Enthusiast
huevos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Broke my screen

I broke my screen the other day...Dont know how...it was in the case, in my carry on bag, loaded it into the overhead for take off, retreived it later and found the screen was cracked. When i landed at my destination i called Amazon, and they sent me a replacement no questions asked. The replacement was sent overnight. I was shocked at the customer support. It was fantastic. i recommend that anyone that has a broken kindle CALL not email Amazon if they have a problem. I am now happily using my new kindle, as if nothing ever happened.

huevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #37
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by huevos View Post
I broke my screen the other day...Dont know how...it was in the case, in my carry on bag, loaded it into the overhead for take off, retreived it later and found the screen was cracked.
The way people jam things into those overheads I would never put my kindle up there. Good to hear they replaced it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:42 PM   #38
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
maybe its just me, but I do not find the Kindle case "ugly". I think its beautiful.....Its sleek, easy to use, and the keyboard lets me type without hitting multiple keys...I guess its all in the eyes of the beholder..
Definitely. I think my Kindle is quite beautiful. I can hardly wait for my second one to arrive (if only to see Mrs. Moon's face when I present it to her).

Her daughter-in-law's mother sent her about 12 hardback books recently, but she's reading them about one every other day or so. Both her night tables have been overrun with pbooks.

Anticipation .... anticipation, is making me wait!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:45 AM   #39
Paul in Saudi
Connoisseur

Well, I am packing the broken back to the States, I fly tonight. Amazon said they would take a look-see at it. That is all I can ask for.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #40
Paul in Saudi
Connoisseur

I just talked to Amazon Customer Service. They are sending me a new one, as a one-time exception to policy. How nice! Now what am I going to do with two of the things?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #41
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in Saudi View Post
I just talked to Amazon Customer Service. They are sending me a new one, as a one-time exception to policy. How nice! Now what am I going to do with two of the things?
That's wonderful!! I'm so glad you are finally getting it fixed. My EB-1150had to be replaced soon after I got it, so I've been looking at the carcass of the broken one ever since, wondering what to do with it.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #42
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
  • Pick someone you can trust not to run up too many charges on your card and put both Kindles on the same account so you can share the books.
  • Give the extra one to someone for an anniversary or birthday.
  • Sell one or the other on e-Bay.
  • Send it to me and I'll give it to my niece.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #43
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Don't they want to you send the broken one back to them?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #44
Paul in Saudi
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
  • Send it to me and I'll give it to my niece.
I just promised it to my niece.

Yes, they wanted me to send the old one back in.