Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-14-2019, 02:00 AM   #1
simistef
simistef began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One HD
Transfer via Wifi Calibre - what folder to be imported in Kobo ?

Hi,

I am using the latest KoReader and i am transferring files wirelessly using calibre directly onto /mnt/onboard directory.

I can open them with KoReader, but in the original Kobo interface they are not seen.

How can i import .epub files via Calibre wireless in Koreader, AND be seen as well in the original Kobo interface ?

Thanks !
simistef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:12 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Since Nickel depends on an index, you probably need something like a USB event to trigger an update.

(Unless, of course, you've got them in a folder like /mnt/onboard/.books which would explicitly hide them from Nickel.)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:16 AM   #3
simistef
simistef began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One HD
Yes, i did that, transferring a second book via USB with Calibre, but the first book remained in the root of Kobo, without being imported.
simistef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
If neither a full reboot, nor an USBMS session *after* a reboot picked it up, it's in the wrong place, the wrong format, or it was ditched by the indexer (check the system logs via logmessages, it's verbose about this in current FW versions).

In theory, an USBMS session is enough for Nickel to pickup new books (while a reboot won't, IIRC, funnily enough).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-14-2019 at 01:11 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote