Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-01-2019, 06:12 AM   #181
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Just change it to what the other one said previously?

x=1/4 means where it starts (1/4 from the left of the screen), so if you change that to 0 it'll start at the dead left
w=3/4 means how wide the touch zone is, so changing it to 1/4 will make it where backward used to be. Or w=1 to cover the entire screen.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:56 AM   #182
Edemen
Enthusiast
Edemen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Thank you Frenzie!
It works, i am happy.
Edemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #183
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I gave some information on using gdb on a pocketbook device in the PB developer's forum. See the following post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...27&postcount=2
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:49 PM   #184
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, you can do much the same on Kobo and Kindle.

The process is detailed here.

(Or you could run gdb directly on the device, either way.)
Old 04-27-2019, 03:08 AM   #185
mihhim
Enthusiast
mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.

Device: pocketbook 623
Does anyone try to work with Japanese dictionary at KOreader? Does it work correctly? The Japanese dictionary on pocketbook at standard FBreader translates single glyphs, but the problem is that the dictionary can not translate the words with 2 or more glyphs.
mihhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:19 AM   #186
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihhim View Post
Does anyone try to work with Japanese dictionary at KOreader? Does it work correctly? The Japanese dictionary on pocketbook at standard FBreader translates single glyphs, but the problem is that the dictionary can not translate the words with 2 or more glyphs.
You'd have to be a little bit more concrete for others to be able to test it. Note the distinction between fuzzy matching:

Code:
$ sdcv 日本語
save to cache /home/frans/.stardict/dic/stardict-jap-eng-2.4.2/jap-eng.idx
Found 1 items, similar to 日本語.
-->Japanese(Kanji)-English dictionary
-->日 [ひ]

(n-adv,n-t) sun sunshine day (P)
And exact matching:
Code:
$ sdcv -e 日本語
Nothing similar to 日本語, sorry :(
The one we can legally provide could also simply not be a particularly good dictionary.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:44 AM   #187
mihhim
Enthusiast
mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.

Device: pocketbook 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
You'd have to be a little bit more concrete for others to be able to test it. Note the distinction between fuzzy matching:

Code:
$ sdcv 日本語
save to cache /home/frans/.stardict/dic/stardict-jap-eng-2.4.2/jap-eng.idx
Found 1 items, similar to 日本語.
-->Japanese(Kanji)-English dictionary
-->日 [ひ]

(n-adv,n-t) sun sunshine day (P)
And exact matching:
Code:
$ sdcv -e 日本語
Nothing similar to 日本語, sorry :(
The one we can legally provide could also simply not be a particularly good dictionary.
Thanks. I'll try to install Koreader and test it.
mihhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #188
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Does anyone use Koreader regularly and successfully on their Pocketbook device? I have it installed on my InkPad 3, but I hardly use it because it keeps freezing and I have to restart the device. The latest version (2019-06) is really slow, and it's not really possible to change anything in the menus because of the freezes.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:40 AM   #189
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I am using KOReader regularly now on my PocketBook Touch HD3. It is indeed slower than the native reading app or CoolReader, but I got used to the fact that I need to do a page turn when I'm in the middle of the last line of a screen. The latest version (2019-06) is not slower for me than the two or three earlier versions I had installed. I have never had any freezes with KOReader on my Touch HD 3.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #190
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have installed KoReader on my Touch HD3 and it really works fine. No freezes so far. It's weird why it won't work so well on the InkPad 3. There I could really use it for PDFs.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:30 AM   #191
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Is the swiping to adjust the frontlight (right) and the light temperature (left) working in Koreader on any Pocketbook device?
Old 07-14-2019, 08:53 AM   #192
Frenzie
Wizard

I think "natural light" is only supported on Kobo and Cervantes devices. Someone would have to figure out how it works on PocketBook and implement it.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:25 AM   #193
zslengyel
zslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 (Pocketbook Inkpad3 740, Kindle Paperwhite 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I have installed KoReader on my Touch HD3 and it really works fine. No freezes so far. It's weird why it won't work so well on the InkPad 3. There I could really use it for PDFs.
I do use it as my main reader on my Inkpad3. It works fine with epubs, freezing like 2 or 3 times a week on average. It used to be quite cumbersome with some pdfs, but saving them optimized in Acrobat is usually working wonders. (This is the first device I use koreader on, so I have no base for comparison.)
zslengyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #194
tourneur
Zealot
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Does anyone use Koreader regularly and successfully on their Pocketbook device? I have it installed on my InkPad 3, but I hardly use it because it keeps freezing and I have to restart the device. The latest version (2019-06) is really slow, and it's not really possible to change anything in the menus because of the freezes.
I'm on v11 with the InkPad 3 and it does freeze a lot.

Quote:
Is the swiping to adjust the frontlight (right) and the light temperature (left) working in Koreader on any Pocketbook device?
Swiping to adjust brightness works. But I only see this option for brightness, not color temperature. If there is option for the color temp would like to know!
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:26 PM   #195
Frenzie
Wizard

On devices where color temp is implemented it's brightness left, temperature right. Presumably it hasn't been implemented on PB yet. (It'd require a dev with a relevant device.)

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook