Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #1
blighmont
blighmont began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 8th generation
[Kindle] calibre losing sight of device after one transfer

Hi,
my calibre ( ubantu version ) has started to lose sight of my kindle after one action either deleting a book or transfering a new book. it comes up with an error message telling me the path does not exist, the ubantu file explorer also no longer sees it. I have to disconect the kinde and reconnect before it can see it and will then perfom another operation. This only happens with my kindle not my partners. i have tried deleting all files from kindle in case there was a corupt file but does not make any diference.
blighmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You mean one kindle on the same computer works and the other doesn't? Update both their firmwares to the latst version and then reset the problematic one. And make sure you are running an up-todate version of calibre, since I had to work around a bug in the linux kernel a little while ago: https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1834641
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:18 AM   #3
blighmont
blighmont began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 8th generation
yes i did mean one kindle was ok and the other wasn't. But i have now updated Calibre and all works fine. Thanks for that.
blighmont is offline   Reply With Quote