Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #16
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Seems like I couldn't get my money back

Quote:
Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding the status of your case
PP-849-364-744. After reviewing your PayPal account we can confirm that the amount of 1,52 USD was the maximum we were able to recover and to credit to your PayPal account.
PayPal has concluded the investigation of your buyer complaint. As our
policy states, we conducted this investigation on a best effort basis and
made no guarantee of funds recovery.
Our investigation has revealed that the seller is at fault. We value your
business and regret that you have had this experience. To avoid similar
experiences in the future, we recommend that you click the "Security
Center" link on any PayPal webpage for tips on how to buy safely online.
I understand your frustration regarding this matter and regret any
inconvenience this might have caused.
What shoud I do now?
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #17
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
Seems like I couldn't get my money back

What shoud I do now?
What a load of crap! If it were me I would call my credit card company and issue a complaint. Then again I use my Visa as a source of funds...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 04:02 AM   #18
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Money was sent dierctly from account, not from CC. Sorry, Im a bit ignorant with PayPal.
I think I could let myself to post all information about this deal. Here is the transaction deatils:

Quote:
Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #8G525142K0091215E)
Sent to:
Christof Hubert
Email:
erazor75@web.de
Amount sent:
-$190,00 USD
Fee amount:
$0,00 USD
Net amount:
-$190,00 USD
Date:
28. Nov 2009
Time:
09:09:54 GMT+01:00
Unclaimed
Subject:
Christof Hubert
Shipping Address:
SQuast Nuance GmbH
Berlinerstr. 59
D-33397 Rietberg
Germany
Funding Type:
PayPal Funds
Transfer from:
$190,00 USD - PayPal Account
Old 12-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #19
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Unfortunately the address seems to be faked. Rietberg does not have a street called "Berlinerstraße". Also the german company register does not contain a company called "SQuast Nuance GmbH". The name of the seller seems to be right, but the last known residence was D-63457 Hanau.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:05 PM   #20
BeTePoK
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Unfortunately the address seems to be faked. Rietberg does not have a street called "Berlinerstraße". Also the german company register does not contain a company called "SQuast Nuance GmbH". The name of the seller seems to be right, but the last known residence was D-63457 Hanau.
So, if I understood you right, it's impossible to force legal action against this man?
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #21
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So, if I understood you right, it's impossible to force legal action against this man?
No, it's not impossible. The prosecuting authorities might be able to find him based on his (meanwhile closed) e-bay account, the informations given by PayPal or based on the IP-addresses he has used. Since 2008 internet providers must store the connection data for six months in germany.

I was able to find some details about him in less than a hour, hence i guess the prosecuting authorities could be able to identify him.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #22
BeTePoK
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
No, it's not impossible. The prosecuting authorities might be able to find him based on his (meanwhile closed) e-bay account, the informations given by PayPal or based on the IP-addresses he has used. Since 2008 internet providers must store the connection data for six months in germany.

I was able to find some details about him in less than a hour, hence i guess the prosecuting authorities could be able to identify him.
Thanks for help, I think now I should find the way how I can do this from Belarus. Or at least inform prosecuting authorities about illegal actions made against me.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #23
netseeker
sleepless reader

Quote:
Thanks for help, I think now I should find the way how I can do this from Belarus. Or at least inform prosecuting authorities about illegal actions made against me.
Oh well, that could be difficult from Belarus. Hopefully you will find a way to start legal action against the seller. I wrote an email in german to his last known email-address, but unfortunately i don't believe that it will help. Anyway, good luck! I really hope that you will get your money back.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #24
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Wow BeTePok, I just read this thread and wow! I'm not in the Flea Market forum often. I'm sorry that happened to you.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #25
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't use PayPal much anymore but it says "Status: Unclaimed" in the transaction data you provided. Does this mean seller did not claim the funds? And if so, why can't PayPal return the entire amount?
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:50 AM   #26
BeTePoK
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
I don't use PayPal much anymore but it says "Status: Unclaimed" in the transaction data you provided. Does this mean seller did not claim the funds? And if so, why can't PayPal return the entire amount?
I quoted the details of transaction, but money was claimed one day after I send it. I even got a PM from "Lailoske" informing me that he will send the reader after he get back home. Since the I haven't heard anything from him...
I know, that PayPal have the option called "Buyer Protection", AFAIK it means that they will refund money in full. Unfortunately all what I got is $1,52
Old 12-28-2009, 04:05 AM   #27
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
I quoted the details of transaction, but money was claimed one day after I send it. I even got a PM from "Lailoske" informing me that he will send the reader after he get back home. Since the I haven't heard anything from him...
I know, that PayPal have the option called "Buyer Protection", AFAIK it means that they will refund money in full. Unfortunately all what I got is $1,52
Is that a $1.52 or $152 dollars?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #28
BeTePoK
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Is that a $1.52 or $152 dollars?
One Dollar and Fifty Two Cents! That's all what I've got!

Quote:
Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding the status of your case
PP-849-364-744. After reviewing your PayPal account we can confirm that the amount of 1,52 USD was the maximum we were able to recover and to credit to your PayPal account. PayPal has concluded the investigation of your buyer complaint. As our policy states, we conducted this investigation on a best effort basis and made no guarantee of funds recovery.
Quote:
no guarantee of funds recovery
WTF???
Old 12-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #29
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
How terrible... Haven't really seen this sort of thing happen much around here, really is a shame to see it in such a close-knit community like MR.

$1.52 refund though, that is almost more insulting than no money at all. Just isn't right.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #30
BeTePoK
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exer View Post
$1.52 refund though, that is almost more insulting than no money at all.
Absolutely! Pay almost 200 bucks and then get back only 1,52! In-f@cking-credible! And this is what they call "Buyer Protection"?