Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 02:37 AM   #16
vakya
Connoisseur
vakya doesn't littervakya doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, IREX DR800, Kindle 3 y Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by antistar View Post
Yes! It's working in FBReader! Just what I've been longing for since I lay my hands on DR800! But working in FBReader also means no pdf lookup, so what should I do with my heaps of scanned pdfs...(thinking). No matter, it's guys like you that make my dr800 experience so wonderful, thank you dima_tr!!!
Wonderful.
Don't work in epub reader?
vakya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:06 AM   #17
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Not in the (current) iRex plugins implementation. The only slight problem - you cannot select text and put it to buffer. I can recommend using FBReader for reading epub files.
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #18
godel10
Connoisseur
godel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Librie, Irex DR1000S
This is a great software.

By the way, do you think this could work with the old firmware (1.7.1) of DR1000S? I do not want to upgrade due to the loss of annotations, but on the other hand I would like to use stardict inside fbreader.
godel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:58 AM   #19
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

It is definitely worth trying. Should work, it needs no special libraries and platform is the same - iOn. Please post your experience on this excercise.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:19 AM   #20
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Amazing!! It works on my device too! When I put it in 'programs' folder, it began to work. Should I do it in the exact 'programs' folder only, not in other folders?

Last edited by bokjeid; 07-19-2010 at 06:56 AM.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #21
dima_tr
Groupie

Should be placed only into Programs. The path is hardwired inside the binary to get rid of unnecessary copying/linking to global /usr/share/..

@godel10 : this is particularly important for you. The content should be extracted to be in Programs folder.

Last edited by dima_tr; 07-19-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #22
godel10
Connoisseur
godel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Librie, Irex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dima_tr View Post
It is definitely worth trying. Should work, it needs no special libraries and platform is the same - iOn. Please post your experience on this excercise.
It is working. I can open the stardict program without any trouble (somehow it has generated some file called "gmon.out", but I guess this is normal behaviour), and I can search for words.

But I have troubles to make it work simultaneously with fbreader. The double click (over a word) does not work to open the small stardict window. I can make it work drawing (with the pen) a rectangle around the word, but (1)this is not always working (I do not know why), and (2) in a lot of cases it seems I do not select the full word (some letter is missing, for example, I select "hel" and not "hello") and hence the search in stardict is not successful. Do you also have these issues?

On the other hand, I would like to ask the people to take a look at the battery to know if when stardict runs as a server then the battery dies much sooner.
godel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #23
javifields
Enthusiast
javifields began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR800S
interesting! where do we find FBReader for DR800? which version?
javifields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #24
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Can we use 'jump function' on it? When I dragged a word in the window, a small window popped up. But this happened hardly - about 1~2 times out of 10? If the jump function is available on it now, please tell how we can use it fluently.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:02 AM   #25
walter822
happy reader
walter822 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, IrexDR800S, Pocketbook IQ/701
This version+base-dr-v2 works on my DR800S:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=62
and maybe you should correct it with one: & as described in:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=80

... but Stardict with it not fluently, for now.

Last edited by walter822; 07-20-2010 at 03:27 AM.
walter822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:02 AM   #26
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
StarDict runs on DR1000, too. Great work, thanks. But, what do I have to do for running stardict in it's own folder? When I start it now, it runs in the main folder and I have to close it for starting e.g. FBreader.
The same with FBReader. It starts in the main folder instead in its own older.
Did I oversee something? Do I have to do an entry in the dr-ini-file?
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:40 AM   #27
dima_tr
Groupie

Since RC3 I use the latest FBReader v4, no questions, no tweaking with &. True, for RC2 I had to roll back to FBReader v2.

@bokjeid: did not get, can you please explain what "jump function" is?

@ThR: what is "running in main folder", "running in its own folder" and why do you need to close one app to start another one? Ahhhh, you may mean they do not start in a separate TAB, so it is not possible to run both in parallel? Yes, I have to tweak the app to be more DR1000 friendly. I know how to do this. As for FBReader, Mackx has said he would spend some time to make it DR1000 compliant. Basically for you it would be sufficient to have at least one running in a separate tab.

My general observation: to select a single word in FBReader you have to perform double click, and this should be quite fast, within about 0.5 sec. Otherwise no selection happens.

Last edited by dima_tr; 07-20-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:34 AM   #28
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Ahhhh, you may mean they do not start in a separate TAB, so it is not possible to run both in parallel? Yes, I have to tweak the app to be more DR1000 friendly. I know how to do this. As for FBReader, Mackx has said he would spend some time to make it DR1000 compliant.
Yes, that's what I meant. OK, waiting of the new releases. Thanking you in anticipation.

But don't hurry. The least we want is another code change for working with firmware rc4 or the final release. You know, what the problem is, now I can wait until it is fixed after the final release of the firmware.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:04 AM   #29
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Ahhhh, you may mean they do not start in a separate TAB, so it is not possible to run both in parallel? Yes, I have to tweak the app to be more DR1000 friendly. I know how to do this. As for FBReader, Mackx has said he would spend some time to make it DR1000 compliant.
Ouch, thanks for the reminder ....
I will make some time for it coming weekend.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #30
ThR
Tatütatuter

Don't hurry. Even my DR1000 is dead (incl. the reset-button - pressing has no effect), i have much time to wait and cry.

YESSS. It's back on working. Pressing the reset-Button für 60 sec. will do it.

Now - please hurry...

Last edited by ThR; 07-20-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Tags
stardict