Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 07:12 PM   #1681
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I didn't care for Windows 8 when I first saw it. And I'm still not certain I would want it (in its current form) on my PC. But I absolutely love it on our TV (windows 8.1 media center) and my tablets. It really shines there, and you can see it's designed around touchscreens (ok, our TV isn't touch screen, but we've a touchpad mouse thingie...)
I don't think I would want anything to do with Windows 8, but Windows 8.1 was quite a bit better (in my opinion). I actually think it should have been called Windows 9 (it was that much different). It's still a bit schizophrenic, but I've left it on the Lenovo laptop I was given. (Somebody at church kept having trouble with it, finally took the bottom plastic cover off, managed to break the tabs and then gave up on it. For now I just hold the bottom with tape, but I may replace the cover at some point.) It's a G-500. I dual-boot to Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon (which gets most of the use) but when I need ADE for some reason, or the Sony or Kobo applications, Windows 8.1 is usually where I go.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comparing, comparison, features, readers, test